Coronation of King Charles III

IBN for flying badges states wear of Tudor crown is allowed for flying badges from the 6th.

But St Edwards crown is now more ally. Especially if it’s being phased out.

4 Likes

There is that. I have my issues badge but it’s the clip on type. And I want a nice small crown lined beret so I’ll need to buy a badge either way

If you’re CFC, you can now get ahead of the curve: This is an excellent quality RAF Royal Air Force Old Style Tudor Crown Beret Badge

1 Like

From the IBN;

** 48 ATC CCF and 2 Banner bearer cadets are set to take part in the Coronation Parade of Majesty King Charles III*

** FS Zidour-Khan of 34 (Balham and Tooting) Sqn is carrying the ATC banner in the Coronation ceremony this weekend. She and the rest of the banner bearers will be led by a marching band contingent containing several CCF RAF musicians.*

** CWO Tyson-Lee of 1454 (Harrow) Sqn is the Standard Bearer for the United Kingdom in the Coronation Ceremony this weekend. He is set to stand alongside the Prime Minister*

There will be 48 bitterly disappointed cadets at RAF Wittering tomorrow, when they turn up and find out the ATC banner bearer has already been picked. They were told in their invitation email that there would be a quick banner competition Friday afternoon and the winner would have the honour of parading with it.
The email was obviously written by someone who didn’t think that multiple rehearsals over a week would be necessary!!!

1 Like

As these cadets are taking part in the parade they should be recipients of the Coronation medal and for them not to do so would be grossly unfair despite what Cranditz may think.

2 Likes

We don’t truely know what the conditions are yet, or if there even is a medal! So it’s hard to say… plus that’s one for the other thread about the medal!

1 Like

What about cadets from far flung counties where no big events are ever held? What chance does a cadet from Cornwall/Suffolk/Cumbria/Durham/Northumberland/Devon ever have of winning the Dacre sword?

the 2022 Winner of the Sword was from Norfolk Wing

4 Likes

Fantastic interview given by CWO Tyson-Lee on BBC Breakfast just now.

4 Likes

CWO Elliot Tyson Lee on BBC Breakfast now giving a live interview. Top job.

14 Likes

Now that is how you wear a beret!

8 Likes

Amazing, what a guy!!!

3 Likes

Amazing. The best possible advertisement for the corps!

1 Like

I videoed it off the tele but don’t know how to upload it onto here. Any ideas?

1 Like

You can go back and watch it live on BBC iPlayer now.

Rewind to 0825.

2 Likes

Great interview and great example for the corps.
I guess that’s the Dacre sword decided upon for this year.

4 Hours of shoe cleaning ahead for him!

3 Likes

And he said he has to go to Halton to pickup his uniform. Hopefully a well fitting No1 HSD

6 Likes

Better get there before 1200…

1 Like

Fantastic video put out by HQ media on socials.

7 Likes