HM King Charles III - Coronation Medal

Which is a good way helping to reduce rumours!

Got this picture from RHC Instagram.

Turns out The Late Queens coronation medal was dated.

I think they were specifically talking about the ACF badge rather than the medal.

1 Like

A medal is a bit different to badge that will be displayed amongst various proficiency badges.

1 Like

Got it.

Got the wrong end of the stick.

Copied from another thread.

Almost certainly will get it. Part of me wants them to say no CFAV to get it just to watch heads explode when certain people see a cadet wearing the medal.

4 Likes

Most of them wouldn’t get the chance to wear it anyway, unless they go on to become staff.

I’ve not paid much attention, do the scouts and similar have a marching contingent? Or is it just the Cadet groups?

1 Like

So the cadets taking part will certainly get it then. Good.
Guess we just need to wait out to discover if staff are included in the Armed Forces part.
@Horriblelittletechie 's bank manager will be waiting to see how much tailoring money is coming in

5 Likes

Based on that they certainly should which is great news, I assume their will be a couple of CFAV on parade with them as well.

If CFAV’s are not included this time I suspect it will be so that those supporting the event but not meeting the standard 5 year criteria as it was for the QPJM can be included without massively expanding the numbers.

groups such as St. John’s who didn’t get the QPJM are included in the press release as they are supporting the event on the day but the numbers seem roughly the same as announced for the QPJM so I suspect their may have had to be cuts in other places and the Cadet Forces is likely the easiest to do it in I suspect without major political problems.

1 Like

I didn’t catch that difference, to be fair the number of extra people (St John’s actively on the day, the Choir etc) probably isn’t going to be that huge a number as to be noticed amongst 400,000 medals.

1 Like

“Everyone actively contributing and supporting the Coronation on 6 May - including choristers, police officers, military personnel and St John Ambulance personnel - as well as those directly involved in the delivery of the Coronation are eligible.”

That will include a massive number of police officers who don’t have 5 years service, a good number of military personnel with less than 5 years, the hundreds? of St John Ambulance Personal, I’m guessing some civil servants intimately involved with the planning and delivery will be sprinkled in as well. Those numbers would add up to a good few thousand.

The Police and Military without 5 years is going to be a big number depending on where they draw the line for “involved in the event” particularly from a Policing point of view.

Front Line Policing in the Met is very wet behind the ears.

Since it includes “other official coronation events” will this include those who have been working the coronation all week who won’t be involved in Saturday?

Every medal mounter right now…

1 Like

Looks like those not taking part but have more that 5 years service will get a medal.

Maybe we’ll get this before the Jubilee medal!! :rofl: :rofl:

This was the original announcement of the QPJM, its therefore likely thay CFAVs will be on the recieving end going from what we know previosuly.

1 Like

It all comes down to the the DIN…

Now its in on the Gov website im expecting it will be imminent