Coronation of King Charles III

4 Hours of shoe cleaning ahead for him!

3 Likes

And he said he has to go to Halton to pickup his uniform. Hopefully a well fitting No1 HSD

6 Likes

Better get there before 1200…

1 Like

Fantastic video put out by HQ media on socials.

7 Likes

Someone needs to have words with whoever organised that. If something is important enough to for cadets to compete to be able to take part, it is going to need rehearsals!

The Junior Leaders Instagram page has shared the interview from BBC Breakfast if you missed it!

2 Likes

[cynical] it could be his spare beret? [/cynical]

Either way, a terrific interview!

1 Like

From LaSER on Facebook:

Meet FS Yasmin Zidour-Khan from 34F Balham & Tooting Squadron, RAF Air Cadets who will be parading the Corps Banner at the Coronation of HM The King on Saturday!

Yasmin is one of six banner bearers representing MOD sponsored cadet forces this weekend. She will be marching behind a CCF band and in front of standards from the Royal British Legion!

Throughout the course of this week, Yasmin has been rehearsing and taking part in the over night rehearsals - as well as ensuring she has the very highest quality uniform and kit! An amazing opportunity for a deserving cadet! We are excited to see you parade on Saturday Yasmin and there are many proud members of LaSER that will be cheering you on!

It seems the banner and the No 1s have appeared!

17 Likes

That MTP person isn’t a cadet I presume?

Says cadet on their rank slide.

1 Like

They’re not one of the banner bearers though, as there are only 6.

It’s good to see the ACF cadet found a sam browne, I was beginning to worry.

Wasn’t sure whether it was that or their regiment

So I note that the ATC standard has silver threading but normally Sqns are gold - why the difference?

Looking at a high res photo of it, it looks like it is blue and gold, just very faded.

You must remember it was presented by HRH Prince Philip long ago

Is this one of those internet posts, where half see blue and gold, the other half other colours?

1 Like

No.1’s haven’t appeared for the handful of the 48 parading cadets who needed them. So…all of them will be in wedgewoods!

1 Like

Was the plan to have all 48 in 1s? As amazing as that would have looked it’s awfully ambitious I think! Arguably a big squad of cadets in wedgwoods will stand out more than just another squad/flight in 1s :smiley:

But 1s do make sense for the standard bearers!

5 Likes

Well looking at the zoomed in it looks very silver across the board even the tassels