HM King Charles III - Coronation Medal

Would be nerksome if st johns get it and we dont…

If anyone has access to the Defnet then there is an announcement, it appears it’s going to be pretty much the same as previous medals. 5 years service and does cover MOD sponsored organisations, bit ambiguous, so have to wait and see what the DIN states

1 Like

From the link:

“Government departments are responsible for applying the eligibility criteria (agreed across Government) to their staff and those organisations they sponsor for Honours purposes.”

So perfectly possible that HQAC don’t know whether we’re getting it yet or not, as MOD could be yet to make that decision.

The DIN should clear it up and remove any ambiguity!

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold your breath, even if you think you qualify. A year on, our iillustrious HQ still hasn’t got it poo in a sock to issue the Jubilee medals to those eligible, let alone get its head around another one which no doubt will have similar eligibility requirements.

And to add to the potential cluster that some of us can see coming, the .gov site says ‘For those eligible, there is no application process - eligible staff will be automatically notified via their employer’. Good luck with that everyone!!

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronation of King Charles III

Looking at the wording of the Q&A available on Defence Connect, I don’t think they actually mean us under the “MOD sponsored voluntary organisations” bit, they mean SJA, the First Aid Nursing Yeomanry and RBL standard bearers. The number of medals being awarded is in line with the jubilee medal. Clear as mud though, I think we will still be speculating until the DIN is released. Would have been nice to have had the DIN before the event, but hey ho.

Yeah that was my reading of it too.

My gut feeling is based on the release is that RAFAC will get it - I was fairly sceptical that this would be the case previously. The release is almost identical to the QPJM one. Also with a circulation of 400,000, I think it can be expected that we are included, eligible uniformed CFAV won’t be a huge number anyway. Be nice to see cadets involved in the day get the medal too.

2 Likes

My understanding is that the vast majority of the official RAFAC contingent are going along as spectators in uniform with no actual duties on the day other than representing the cadet forces. Will they still be be classed as ‘active contributors’ and eligible for the medal? I do hope so, but the info released so far is still a little vague on the finer detail.

MB

HQ announcement. Who’s out emailing HQ directly asking if they’re eligible already :rofl:

​RAFAC HQ is receiving enquiries about Coronation Medals following a government press release, which states that members of the Armed Forces, frontline emergency service workers and people actively contributing to The King’s Coronation will be among the 400,000 people to receive one.

Please be aware that HQ will release further details on specific eligibility criteria within RAFAC in due course.

1 Like

What kind of thruster has been emailing HQAC about it….

1 Like

It’s these people that make HQ despise us, but also these are probably the people here for the wrong reasons.

10 Likes

It honestly makes me laugh. It’s one thing for us to all be discussing it here. I know I wouldn’t be eligible but the discussion is interesting.

But if people are already emailing HQ on the day of the press release then I really do question them.

Separately though; Who knew HQ could put out an announcement about something within 24h :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m sure a similar level of muppet will be shortly appearing on WhatDoTheyKnow with a “I want any information about CFAV who get the medal” FOI request.

I’m just waiting for it to appear on the Valuing our people channel on Teams!

1 Like

Those staff members need to have a long chat from their CoC about motivation and why they are in the ATC, let alone in uniform. I’d definitely want to know if any of them were on my unit.

3 Likes

One would certainly hope so. If CFAV’s did turn out to be eligible and the cadets were refused, I would be furious. Especially if some CFAV’s were tucked up in their nice warm beds tomorrow with a cup of tea and their wife gyrating alongside them, whilst these kids have been rehearsing up the ying-yang in all weathers.

I’d rather give mine to one of the cadets who took part.

1 Like

They need more than that. Public humiliation should be the order of the day. The equivalent of Game of Thrones ‘walk of shame’.

3 Likes

I would support this.

3 Likes