Coronation of King Charles III

Fixed that for you ……

We need to be careful here to make it clear that the frustration is with the org and not the cadet who has no say in when she gets it

12 Likes

My post was about the org - very proud to see the cadet keep going

Yeah, 100%. This is all out of their control entirely. This is an organisation embarrassment. Doesn’t LaSER have a specific regional primary post for organising/managing these sort of events? You’d think they’d have this under control…

1 Like

Why is everyone so surprised …
…surely most of you have been in long enough to know that ‘RAFAC’ and ‘organisation’ should never be used in the same sentence unless the words ‘total c*ckup’ also appear! :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Maybe this is why we actually rebranded away from the ‘Air Cadet Organisation’ to the ‘RAF Air Cadets’.

Because having the word ‘organisation’ in our name was too disingenuous.

2 Likes

Completely agree - I think the frustration is that despite none of us having ever met the cadet in question every one of us wants her moment in the limelight to be as special as possible hence the need for banner & no 1s (although the latter might be a big ask).

I notice that the other cadet forces are pumping out the social media about everything that’s going on but the air cadets are just retweeting rather than anything else.

Really hope it’s not another case of the Arrogant Training Corps & lack of interest in working tri/multi-service getting in the way of bigging things up about the cadets :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Let’s face it. RAFAC is always behind the curve on media related stuff :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

I believe the cadets were the wings nominations for the Dacre Sword/75th broach. So arguably the best cadets currently in the corps.

1 Like

Surely they could have found at least a rehearsal banner. Literally any squadron/wing banner would do.

2 Likes

Aha…found the official guide for the day I will be following!

2 Likes

Totally agree, a cluster…

2 Likes

They were the LaSER Region Dacre Sword nominees

How awesome would it have been for their Sqn banner be used as the rehearsal banner for the coronation prep.

Adds to the pride of the Sqn as well as the cadet.

I’ve got two practice banners in my house, but like everything in life: don’t ask, don’t get. Some people just don’t think ahead.

Here’s some info on the fly past route and times:

https://www.military-airshows.co.uk/press23/coronationflypast-6may2023.htm

2 Likes

Just found out today…

Provided the aircraft doesn’t break, I’ll be on one of the Chinooks :+1:

18 Likes

That’s pretty awesome! Any spare seats? :sweat_smile:

Haha.

We had to whittle down, only just made the cut :joy:

Lucky begger

1 Like