You know what really makes me happy?

It also didn’t help that that a couple got stolen/lost. There’s a difference between deactivated & drill purpose - there isn’t a legal issue with them being section 5 it’s just the security requirements.

If you want to be technical, the exemption that allows cadets to use firearms precludes the use of section 5 for any other purpose other than target shooting.

However this does explain why cadets got the L98A1 as that was a section 1 and a way round the legislation.

1 Like

The ACF had 4 stolen before we even got our initial issue.

3 Likes

It includes drill too: Firearms Act 1968 (c. 27)

1 Like

Only for section 1, not for prohibited weapons -

Firearms Acts 1968 sec 54 para 5 b ii

Section 54 (5) of the firearms act is what grants permission for cadet forces to use firearms & prohibited weapons without a certificate.

So next time you’re on D&C camp just ask for confirmation that what you are doing is legal first.

For the record I do get a perverse geek out joy from firearms legislation :grin:

https://forum.aircadetcentral.net/t/l103s-used-for-rifle-drill-parades/572/9?u=chief_tech

1 Like

12 of 14 new cadets turned up for their first night today, giving us 30 on parade for the first in 2 years.

13 Likes

I ordered 15 books last week via email and they turned up this week ready for our new intake.

3 Likes

Were they the new ones?

We ordered some just before Christmas, the old ones turned up. We ordered more a couple of weeks after the syllabus was released… the old ones turned up.

We didn’t bother again.

Always a attach a copy of what you want.

We’ve had Air Power & Leading Notebooks too

We got leading as well.

HOWEVER, it’s not that much for someone to go “by the way, we’d like you to provide these to anybody asking for xyz, because we’ve made some changes”. In fact, I’d say it’s a pretty basic consideration to ensure your printing “contractor” has the latest release.

And aren’t we discouraged from using attachments? :rofl:

The new TVs we have had installed by RFCA in place of projectors and screens, which were not supplied with any connecting cables, do, to my surprise, work over wi-fi casting to my laptop!

2 Likes

Latest call from her mums Dr. Shes cancer free! 2nd covid jab next Sat…then a couple of weeks after that. Then its full freedom!

21 Likes

My TEST Sgt being a star.

Wow.
How’d you manage to get them to buy that lot?

Dunno. The whole refurb has been a mess really. But it seems one of the reasons for good stuff like TVs is RFCAs secret plan to hire the place out as a conference facility.

2 Likes

Ah, things starting to make sense now :roll_eyes:

Heard about the push for big screen TVs being installed at various locations. A good RFCA selling point, for them anyway :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Yep. The other side of that coin is that the rooms are plain white, we can’t put anything on the walls outside the dedicated pin boards, and there is a considerable dearth of storage space.

We were better off before the refurb.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is useful in not, but we had the same issue a number of years ago. The WExO pushed for a 20ft ISO container, which we duly had placed next to the sqn building. It has lights, power sockets, and heaters to keep our kit dry. Could you ask for something similar?

We could ask…

Put some solar lights out the front of the house and they look really nice

1 Like

Sunshine!

Warm, glorious, cloudless sunshine. Genuinely felt a little perkier today.

1 Like