You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Afraid I know no detail, only rumour… Just head that they will get cancelled and retaining will be needed!

Yes indeed. News post / SBN: Sign in to your account

2 Likes

Awesome thanks! On it as always I see :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m afraid that’s not the case. ‘Legacy’ AR WHTs should have been void on 24 Jul 21: Sign in to your account

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: Awks. Someone’s been using naughty WHTs.

1 Like

Not just “Flying Operations”. The entire log book.
What am I meant to do… not deliver first class training at all, because we’re not sure that we like part of it?

2 Likes

No, this is the new log book. You can keep using the old one until the new Flying Operations comes in.

1 Like

Makes no difference. We’ve not used them and no one has queried or asked to see them.

Sorry… what…

You dont use the first class logbooks… at all?

Nothing replaces OHP or Chalkboard.

5 Likes

Next, people are going to tell me the battle dress isn’t still being issued…

4 Likes

Fixed that for you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The old one isn’t linked to from the Training Hub.
Yes, there are copies floating around Bader, but that page is the link from “First Class Training”.

Yes, I’m being difficult. But the Training Hub is the “single source of truth”. If we’re to use the existing one, link to the existing one.

3 Likes

Your not, to be fair! That is a valid point and the ‘old’ book should be put back whilst the ‘new’ one gets reviewed.

1 Like

Reviewing a phone download for the Police. This is a post-2020 phone. We sent some absolute crap to eachother in Lockdown, i have to review 10,000 image files alone for privileged material, and 50% of them are just ■■■■■ memes.

1 Like

Do share the best of them…

Now imagine being expected to do that for every case you’re investigating and people wonder why sexual offence cases move so slowly!

I know full well why it’s so slow. Although I do have cases where I question why it was worth the effort. I had one chap, admitted everything in interview on arrest, took two years to bring him to charge because they took a year to analyse the first laptop, then, when they arrested him to talk about the contents, they decided to seize his new laptop to do it all over again!

More gears action.

For a few weeks now I’ve been obsessively trying to work out what on earth my cat has peed on in the loft, to no avail. It’s nothing massively obvious, but every now and then a whiff would float across the room.

Tonight I worked it out, first time in greens since Christmas, and it’s my Lowas.

2 Likes