You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Also he’s a decent guy having been on the OYT expedition when I was a cadet!

Although I can’t see it in my Dashboard :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I was half tempted to tag along!

1 Like

That winds me up no end.

Someone changed all of our wing’s social media to RAFAC. Which is stupid on several levels.

1 Like

Tbh… I rekon it wont be long with all these changes that ‘CCF’ and ‘ATC’ becomes a thing of the past.

Each will be a RAFAC unit.

Same syllabus.
Same badges.
Same IT.

Etc.

I believe with the unifying of the CoC we are seeing the start of that.

It also does away with the little issue of historic ‘ATC’ type things. Like having community units at all.

1 Like

Except it’s not, really.

1 Like

Alright.
Start of that process.

Because, I dont see this being the end of that.

I’m pretty sure the CCF(Army) and CCF(RN) won’t agree to coming under HQAC

Don’t think that was ever the case, but it would be interesting to know their individual HQ level organisation are thinking :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

That would certainly reduce the size of the organisation!

1 Like

I don’t disagree, but I do think Royal Air Force Air Cadets describes us better to the public than Air Training Corps

1 Like

For the best part of 70 years we were the Air Training Corps and I would proffer those years were our most successful and a more supportive parent organisation, without the interference.

I can remember many “requests” for us to branded “Royal” to in some way more associate us with the RAF, all of which were rejected. As I recall this request had been going on almost since the end of WWII. It was rejected on the basis that people would confuse us with trainee RAF personnel, as they had the moniker “RAF Cadets”.
Roll on and we get to a point where the RAF has shrunk like an ice cube in a warm drink and all of a sudden someone in a dark corner of the RAF comes up with the notion of “RAF family” and we the Air Training Corps (and RAFA) became part of the “RAF Family”, not in any way advantageous to us (or RAFA), given that the support the RAF has given us; flying and camps, reduced to an anorexic shadow of what it was. I loathe having to badge myself RAFAC and will not at any point badge the squadron as such. I’m not sure the public are that bothered, given a number of squadrons like to wear ‘green’ and the public refer to them as Army Cadets. The RAF needs to keep us, to provide faces for parades and route lining in blue.

I wonder how much we would actually need the RAF to continue existing? We’ve been doing our own thing for years, with the RAF only really doing administrative oversight. Apart from uniform what do we actually get from the RAF, that we couldn’t do ourselves? The money for accommodation is as I’ve understood it ,come, from the MoD budget allocation we get and passed to RFCA, so just give the money to RFCA. At one time you could have said shooting needs the military input, but now not every squadron hold their own weapons and we do AR which doesn’t really need any military oversight. For full bore we could forge an association with the NRA and attend their clubs, which could have the benefit of getting more kids into shooting.

RAFC would of course still be better.

Besides… removes the extra ‘air’. Something which we experience increasingly less of these days!

1 Like

How did this go in the end? All ok ?

In the end yes thanks. Just a stressful few hours

2 Likes

I was looking at notable deaths in 2021 on the BBC website, among these one from Big Brother and towie and 3 from gogglebox. Outside of their own family and circle, how these could ever be regarded as notable escapes me.

I mean, those are TV shows. Just because you and I don’t watch them doesn’t mean other people don’t.

5 Likes

Agree. I can’t stand those shows but for thousands, if not millions of people in the population these people are a large part of their entertainment

1 Like

Gmg. Found out today that one of the best guys i managed whilst at Tesco has been murdered by what sounds like a 16 year old boy… Such a waste :frowning:

Damn.
Sorry to hear that.

What a tragic waste.

2 Likes

Djokovic’s arrogance that he is above a country’s rules. I think the Aussies should tip him. If they let him in, they won’t do themselves any favours.