You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Had a quick search and don’t think this has been carried over.

So I’ll start.

The Government, and every one of the lying conniving conceited corrupt sleazy incompetent member of it.

That is all.

People driving at 28mph on a road with NSL because its a bit cold… :mad:

3 Likes

People who wear hats indoors.

MPs who are interviewed on the news not wearing a suit.

People who fail to dress properly for a given occasion

The X-Factor

Caravans

People who drive slowly

People who indicate right when leaving a roundabout

Lane-hoggers

Christmas music

Reality TV

Overly long pauses in reality TV to try and create ‘suspense’

The X Factor

Olly Murrs

Irrational people

The X Factor

9 Likes

You’re oop North, it’s always cold!

2 Likes

Being told by uniformed staff that I should ignore people taking the proverbial with regards to standards od grooming and appearance because: “I’ve seen worse on an operational RAF station.”

1. Because that’s not an excuse and if I keep hearing it I’m going to start publicly pointing and laughing at the people who say it

and

2)Because so have I actually, you haven’t got the monopoly on seeing airmen looking like an RAC patrolman on his day off due to your five minutes in the regular RAF a million years ago or the fact that you happen to be a VRT officer.

…and breath.

2 Likes

People that follow their own personal agenda, sometimes hidden othertimes not.

2 Likes

People who walk about with headphones in listening to music and not taking any notice of the world about them. When they’ve got them on its like they have an invisible forcefield around them so they dont have to look for cars when crossing the road etc. :mad:

3 Likes

Big like!!!

Had a VERY close call recently. Girl walked straight out infront of us despite the fact we were in a big red truck, with very nice flashing lights and majorly noisy siren blaring. :mad:

16 tonne fire trucks do not stop quickly but I guarentee they will ruin your day if they hit you.

5 Likes

1 - People not saying thanks when you hold doors open for them

2 - People not waving when you pull in to let them pass whilst driving

3 - People (most)

4 - Bad uniform (not ironed, shoes dull etc)

5 - ACO staff who forget to ‘Remember the cadet’

6 - People with no common sense

7 - Bad parking

8 - Queues

9 - Snobbery

10 - Twitter

To name but a few… I’m a fairly grumpy person on reflection. Ah well

4 Likes

giong to the effort of securing two new laptops for Sqn use for only £100 and then being told by my CO “we dont need them”

1 Like

I’ll have them

That ^^^^

Big like!!!

Had a VERY close call recently. Girl walked straight out infront of us despite the fact we were in a big red truck, with very nice flashing lights and majorly noisy siren blaring. :mad:

16 tonne fire trucks do not stop quickly but I guarentee they will ruin your day if they hit you.[/quote]

It must be the flashing lights !!!, they dont seem to notice the ones on the big yellow and green Ambulance that I bimble about in either. When they do notice you isnt it funny how they look at you like its your fault.

1 Like

If you are going to be run over by something though, best that it’s an ambulance!

2 Likes

I dunno, if I was to get run over my vehicle of choice would be a Sincalir C5 or maybe a smart car. Something that would crumple around me and at worst feel no wrose than a gnat bite.

1 Like

That’s being run under!

Anyway, I’m sure anyone who gets run over by an ambulance would be run over just afterwards by you in your beemer! :stuck_out_tongue:

God no, wouldn’t ruin the paintwork with blood splatters.

*Mental note - next car needs to be blood red…

GMG: Having Glandular Fever then having an enlarged liver as a side effect. Meaning no alcohol until its healed. Right in time for New Years :mad: :mad: :mad:

1 Like

What grinds my gears? Stupid people! They’re bloody EVERYWHERE!

1 Like

People who stand on the wrong side of an escalator despite the signs saying stand on the right :mad: