You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

:heart:

that unique wall of warm, sweet, nauseous, sweaty air that hit you as you went down the stairs. It even felt sticky.

3 Likes

Yeah him and Dickthestick would’ve both still been Cadets.

It was certainly somewhere that smelled better before the smoking ban. I went there sober once. Big mistake

2 Likes

GMG - people who have worked at home since March thinking its a good idea to get together for a works night out and share hotel rooms a few days before wanting to be part of 3 household bubble on Xmas Day :man_facepalming:t2: :vangry:

Ahh, the British Embassy - been a while since I was there. Aiming for 2022

1 Like

22 posts were split to a new topic: Model Paint and Kits - Sources and Tips

The new dads army film… That’s all

1 Like

Kitchen radio is kaput… on Boxing Day. If i’d known it was on its way out, I’d have requested one from Santa.

We got a new gucci Roberts istream 3 for Xmas… Its great.

Especially when she’s cooking listening to S Club 7 (you wouldn’t think she’s 29) and I have the ability to change the song to Metallica from my phone

2 Likes

I’d be OK with either choice…

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with a bit of Steps!

GMG this morning, the bathroom scales are clearly broken. I allegedly have put on an entire stone over the past few months!

Onto the new year diet/fitness/well-being bandwagon I hop!

:pleading_face::cry:

BBC couch 2 5k will be your friend

2 Likes

I did that at the beginning of the year… but lost motivation when I got to the 5K - once hitting the goal I struggled to be motivated to keep it up…

Maybe to start I’ll just have to knock the port and wine on the head for a week or two; let the alcohol bloat subside and see what state I’m in then :joy:

2 Likes

I originally commited to a minimum of 1 5k a week and tried to build to 10km

Maxed out at 13km in October and not been on a run since…

Sorta tempted to try and hit the 13 mile mark by the summer once the weather permits

That’s a very good goal.

I’m pretty sure my weight gain is alcohol / lockdown based.

I’ve been drinking a lot more, and been a lot less active with all the lockdowns.

I blame cadets partly too - that’s two nights a week I would be out and about on my feet being active, home late straight to bed… now it’s spent sat on the sofa with a bottle of plonk!

Remember 1 glass of wine is the same calories as a doughnut!!

Ditto lifes been pretty stressful of recent and I really can’t be bothered to cook healthy meals/do exercise etc.

For the foreseeable I’m probably not going to be permitted to be around cadets(chemo shielding, not me getting chemo) but I think I can turn Sunday morning into a long middle of no where run days before the boss awakes and do the 5ks pre work

I actually lost weight during lockdown, I don’t really drink at home so shutting the pubs lowered that intake and having nothing else I actually started running again.

I’ve been a bit crap recently but have just started running again properly as I have some quite physical courses planned for next year.

2 Likes

I just seem to really have hit a wall. Its a cold, crisp, sunny afternoon - my favourite weather.

But instead of pulling on my boots and a jacket for a nice brisk walk through the beautiful local countryside I’m slumming it in trackies on the sofa… Moaning about getting fat. I know I would enjoy the walk, I have nothing better to do… Why am I struggling to get my bum up and out the door!

I’ve never felt this sluggish and lazy before!!!

3 Likes

I am like that sometimes! To make sure I get out of the house, I try going out for a walk around the block (which is 5 mins if that) at lunch. There are options to extend it, so if I can take a slightly longer walk if I feel like it.

I do need to properly start exercising though. I too started the couch to 5k and got about half way through but then it started getting wet and dark and I didn’t feel motivated or safe to go my usual route so stopped! I just need to find something I enjoy!
The amount of chocolate we got at Christmas certainly won’t be helping my waistline!

I think it’s a bit like that age old rule -its harder to get going once you stop. Laws of motion and all that!

Don’t beat yourself up. I would say most people have fell into some sort of rut!