You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

http://www.southampton.gov.uk/whereilive/mapsouthampton.aspx?layers=3%2C51%2C151&bbox=441548%2C112078%2C442103%2C112350&AllScale=true%2Ctrue%2Cfalse&filters=INCLUDE%3BINCLUDE%3BINCLUDE

So it seems we have a load of people who have loved in Soton on here

2 Likes

Not sure about lovedā€¦ Has a pretty decent football team though

1 Like

I spent far too many nights in Jesters and Ikon Diva so I guess it depends on your definition of lovedā€¦

1 Like

Omg, Jesters!!!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never beenā€¦ Went reflex onceā€¦ Thatā€™s not their now but I have tactically decorated Bedford place a few times.

1 Like

We would start AU nights at the Avondale just off London road then into Academy (which became Reflex) and then crawl down via SoBar and Clowns, possibly with a quick cocktail at the Hobbit. My liver is hurting now just from the memories.

Donā€™t forget finishing off at Manzils for a sit down curry at 0230

1 Like

I was there when a certain gentleman walked inā€¦

2 Likes

I did my ATPLs in Nursling (When CTC was CTC and still a reputable ATO, unlike the current bunch of muppets) .

Many a night in Bedford Place, especially after each of the courses finished Module 1 or 2 of the exams. Revs, Orange Rooms (that put me off Mojitos for a while)!

Then working on Cruise ships with weekly stops in town and ASDA runs to stock up on snacks! (And breakfast at Spoons!)

So ACC Fest post covid will be in Soton then! :wink::wink:

We can introduce the others to this delightful place

3 Likes

I live like 2 mins from the L3 site

Didnā€™t they sell the Nursling Campusā€¦ or soon too.

I think they recently confirmed the closure of the NZ base tooā€¦ such a shame, excellent flying out thereā€¦ as opposed to the blandness of Portugal. (In other words simple airspace, unchallenging weather)

Itā€™s half expected theyā€™ve reduced the headcount their recently by 60% still ticking over thoughā€¦

I think they are moving the whole operation to EGHH

Yes, but the word through the industry grapevine is that the quality of training has dropped horrendously so. I know of a BA Training Capt that told me they sent some back to L3 for more training!

Such a shameā€¦ had a great time at CTC

Yeah heard similarā€¦ Former instructors have told me to avoid them like the plague when I was researching atpl route etc

How many years since the last Fest? Was Cambridge the last one?!

Dunno fairly sure I was around 18ish and couldnā€™t go cause being a cadet (it would of been weird) so 12/13 years ago?

Iā€™ve also re-decorated Bedford Place (must be a local past time).

Ikon Diva, what a night outā€¦ When you knew nothing better.

Used to hang out at the Old Fat Cat in Above Bar.

3 Likes

Cadets came to the old feats as long as they were over 18, so you mustā€™ve still been under.

Peterborough was 2007
Newcastle was 2008

Thinking it through I reckon Cambridge was 2009 which would make Leeds 2010 the last one.

ACC on tour, 2021?

See if we can coax some of the ACC old guard and retirees out too?

1 Like