September 2022 Stop Order

If they have if wing id be escalating to region, if region Cos at HQAC… someone needs to be contactable

I think the problem lies in that yet again we have taken a stance not adopted by the ACF or the SCC. It is either an issue for all cadet forces, or none of us.

It cannot be right that we are specifically excluded from doing anything unless we ask permission from people who may or may not respond, and of course for some of us to put an SMS event on we must show PLI, PME, AO, RAs, JIs, confirm everything weeks before it is due, when other organisations aren’t required to.

2 Likes

Agreed…the MOD should have established a joint cadet forces plan for Op London Bridge and everything it entails

3 Likes

The IBN was read and interpreted…

1 Like

Well, I had about 6 emails on the matter some of which linked to it, others summarised it.

The problem with the IBN is it operates in a grey area as to what counts, plus as CFAV we’ve become conditioned to err on the side of caution/too much hassle by past leadership decisions. Why get yourself geared up with no guarantee of getting there when you can just save the stress?

There should have been a purple plan, but it would have taken a few phone calls to contemporaries to work out that the ACF, SCC, and even the scouts are carrying on. We’ve been put in a position where we’re being shown up and outperformed by preteens and primary schoolers instead of someone being sensible and opting for “why should we be different?” and “what impact does this decision have?”.

We’ve gone from internal embarrassment to publicly inept - what’s the threshold for bringing the organisation into disrepute as whoever made the decision should be examined for damaging the reputation of the RAFAC and by extension the RAF?

And yes, complaints on this forum are public (my retort though is that the decision is made and damage done) and I wish we didn’t have cause to complain about this and could instead focus on how we were actively involved in commemorations and other relevant positive community engagement, but what choice is there when “use the CoC” might as well be “tape your mouth shut”?

It’s woeful that we’re shackled in this way.

Here’s to a long life lived in the service of this nation; God Save The King.

8 Likes

We don’t really know first hand where the order came from or who didn’t or was unable to bend elbows. But someone needs to wake up with fresh perspective on Monday.

1 Like

Its very simple.

The WRONG call was made.

It has made our org look SHAMBOLIC.

It has made our leadership look WEAK.

It has DISREPECTED Her Majesty.

And frankly makes me ASHAMED to be a part of this CLUSTER.

God save the King.
But whilst theyre at it, God smite our inept CoC.

3 Likes

Maybe as you have a CDS you should have a CCF (Chief of Cadets Forces) and three chiefs of cadet forces reporting to them. Joined up thinking.

Edited to add, rank it at AVM level or equivalent.

5 Likes

I’ve been told by local leaders they are disappointed we can’t be more visible at this time.

All my family and mates have been assuming I’d be busy over the next few days with ceremonial events and are all surprised when I say actually the powers that be have cleared the decks for me.

Nobody can make any sense of it.

3 Likes

Don’t know where the problem is.

Our squadron submitted a LLC request into Wing/Region simultaneously, and authorised in 30 mins; all as per the IBN without any issues :man_shrugging:t2:

All Wings and Regions getting tarred with the same brush; not the case.

4 Likes

It would appear the army cadets are in the same situation as us. Having to gain higher approval, often at very short notice for the various events the LL’s are attending.
Apparently one LL has told his cadets that the only approval they need is his, as he outranks the heads of all the cadet forces!
It came after his army cadet was originally denied permission to attend an event on Friday night. A swift phone call from the LL and 5 minutes later she was on her way to the event!

6 Likes

I’ve seen plenty of 2/3 cadets at Civic Events / on the news. We didn’t have any invites in our town (yet) but are ready to go should one go out (we’ve reached out), IBN seems clear enough. It doesn’t account for numpty seniors that are dotted around but they can’t really account for them unfortunately. Push it straight through to RHQ on SMS if you don’t trust yours, then email the WEXO to make them aware of it.

I’m hopeful Parade evenings will resume next week, which we’ve taken from the IBN is likely just wait for official confirmation. Lots of questions and the likes from the cadets, shouldn’t be a time to not have it.

Internal Coms are still allowed so hopefully all squadrons have communicated to their cadets and parents during this time whilst we are paused!

Good on him… the way it should be.

I have a few stories of an old CDS doing similar.

1 Like

My OC has had an event today. Approved by region (LaSER) within 4hrs allegedly.

Support does look like it’s out there.

1 Like

I can only assume 56 squadron have been out and about today given their latest Instagram post.

Have to have a look. I only follow my ex squadrons on SM. :eyes:

Also good to see they can follow instructions about SM profile pictures :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Odiham powerlifting club has ignored SM rules as well. It happens.

Scout group live on BBC news now eloquently expressing condolences and explaining the promise they make to the monarch. This really is a cluster for RAFAC.

7 Likes

Panic: nothing left after tonight’s roast. Normally have some left overs as a quick tea before Monday parade night.

Calm: realise no parade night tomorrow, so can swing by the shops and cook a decent meal for us both. Have a nice chilled night and a little wine.

Panic: that sounds better than rushing out to a parade night after downing leftovers and sorting uniform… careful RAFAC, keep putting us on “pause” and we just might not come back.

20 Likes