September 2022 Stop Order

I actually wondered if this would be the reason for any ‘pause’ should it be a standing thing.

The Cadets may not all understand the protocol is for ‘subdued’ behavior and those up top are concerned that they would be seen in public in uniform cocking about and having fun during the mourning period. Total speculation of course, but it did occur to me this morning.

2 Likes

That was my thoughts.

1 Like

This is something that should be held in draft on someone’s computer ready to send out.

We are aware of Op LONDON BRIDGE, and others relating to the Royal Family, but a draft should have been drawn up at RAF level, then a RAFAC version ready to be sent at a moments notice.

3 Likes

Briefings and emails being sent out today cancelling all RAFAC activity with immediate effect.

1 Like

Still nothing through here.

2 Likes

If it’s any guide, it seems that activities which are broadly ‘having fun’ are not happening but those which are ‘necessary’ or ‘work’ are still going ahead. This could be applied to your personal conduct. E.g. RAFSA flying clubs are pausing all ‘unnecessary’ flying (maintenance flights e.g. are still permitted); all hunts have stopped until after the funeral.

2 Likes

IBN just released on activity due mourning period.

No RAFAC activities over weekend. Flying suspended until further notice.

1 Like

No RAFAC activities until further notice… doesn’t say they will resume Monday

4 Likes

We are still continuing with training here.

1 Like

As are the SCC locally.

1 Like

HQRAFAC: So we’ve made you all cancel parade nights and weekend activities but can you convince your Cadets to stand in position for a couple hours for us. #ValueTheVolunteer

5 Likes

I have no idea why you lot aren’t parading. We’ve been told all normal training can continue with the exception of the day of the funeral. Camps and parade nights are going ahead.

1 Like

Same reason we’re not allowed outside in a stiff breeze or Britain’s 3 days of summer, probably.

11 Likes

Which is why at times like this you decentralise & go to local command.

Didn’t realise you had to put Bader events on for Lord Lt cadets.

There’s going to be lots of photos of Army & Sea Cadets & none for air cadets.

1 Like

It’s the IBN that’s created this situation.

Surely there has to be someone with the moral fibre to take that “on risk”?

Most LL cadets are going to be over 18. Adults within their own right. Surely. Fudging surely, someone has the backbone to say go for it.

If there is no Air Cadet presence at these events, it’ll be a disgrace.

4 Likes

HQRAFAC has spent the last 5-10 years undermining everyone’s ability to make their decisions, and completely chastising anyone who dares.

They simply don’t care what we think.

4 Likes

Normally the Lord Lt’s office run things independently of the Sqn. Otherwise you get security risks creeping in.

Lord Lt thank fully has the clout to say no we’re doing this.

3 Likes

Good. Someone who indirectly gives a monkeys then.

They’re an absolute embarrassment.

4 Likes