September 2022 Stop Order

A few Wing Commanders are DLs. Wonder which way they’d go…

I am aware locally RHQ has been available every since Her Late Majesty decease was announced and are automatically approving any formal request from civic dignitaries for cadet attendance of any flavour including LLC nearly immediately without any argument.

1 Like

I don’t expect there to be any arguments provided something is within the “civic function” remit given.

I suspect it’s to have sight of what’s going on - since we’re officially shut down it would be a shock to see cadets out and about and those with the jitters will want to know why.

Whether that’s necessary… Is up for debate.

Whether the shut down is necessary… Looking at the greener grasses it would appear not.

Some activities, sure. All?

Just more evidence that HQ doesn’t trust us.

Thinking about it, the only valid reason I can think of for stopping activities is so that we are available for civic functions.

However, if this was the case, then a) say that, and b) trust unit commanders to be able to correctly identify the difference between a civic function and a cinema visit.

We had to turn down a local council event that was happening yesterday because of the stop order.

Initially they were going to cancel, but they decided to carry on but have a minute’s silence. We had to tell them we weren’t allowed to attend.

ACF and SCC were there.

2 Likes

On the route this morning from Balmoral to Aberdeen, local squadrons should have paraded at the route where their squadrons are based to pay their respects and damn RAFAC instructions.

6 Likes

To the higher authority as a representative of the Crown.

One would hope…

Not sure you wouldn’t have gotten that one through, but I don’t know what the event was

Disgraceful.

1 Like

Have just attended (as a private individual) a local service which was a commemoration of both the life of the Late Her Majesty and the BoB.

The WHOLE congregation, including senior RAF Officers, were disgusted at the fact we could not attend in Uniform.

Just what are they scared of?

7 Likes

Maybe the Lord Lieutenants should be contacting the CRAFAC and AOC 22 Group directly demanding as the Sovereigns direct representatives in their areas that the RAFAC be allowed to parade at all suitable venues in memoriam of HM The Queen.

God save the King.

1 Like

Everyone does know the IBN gives guidance on attending events right? If invited to take an active part in the event you just need to ask Region via WHQ. Just not crowd filling with people in blue suits

Starting to feel like majority of people havent actually read the IBN properly

5 Likes

And that’s fine, if they respond. Haven’t some HQs said they’re out of office for the duration of the mourning period? How will things get confirmed then?

And what’s so bad about that? Is showing face something to be embarrassed by?

This is HQ - and above - proving they don’t trust us.

1 Like

If they have if wing id be escalating to region, if region Cos at HQAC… someone needs to be contactable

I think the problem lies in that yet again we have taken a stance not adopted by the ACF or the SCC. It is either an issue for all cadet forces, or none of us.

It cannot be right that we are specifically excluded from doing anything unless we ask permission from people who may or may not respond, and of course for some of us to put an SMS event on we must show PLI, PME, AO, RAs, JIs, confirm everything weeks before it is due, when other organisations aren’t required to.

2 Likes

Agreed…the MOD should have established a joint cadet forces plan for Op London Bridge and everything it entails

3 Likes

The IBN was read and interpreted…

1 Like

Well, I had about 6 emails on the matter some of which linked to it, others summarised it.

The problem with the IBN is it operates in a grey area as to what counts, plus as CFAV we’ve become conditioned to err on the side of caution/too much hassle by past leadership decisions. Why get yourself geared up with no guarantee of getting there when you can just save the stress?

There should have been a purple plan, but it would have taken a few phone calls to contemporaries to work out that the ACF, SCC, and even the scouts are carrying on. We’ve been put in a position where we’re being shown up and outperformed by preteens and primary schoolers instead of someone being sensible and opting for “why should we be different?” and “what impact does this decision have?”.

We’ve gone from internal embarrassment to publicly inept - what’s the threshold for bringing the organisation into disrepute as whoever made the decision should be examined for damaging the reputation of the RAFAC and by extension the RAF?

And yes, complaints on this forum are public (my retort though is that the decision is made and damage done) and I wish we didn’t have cause to complain about this and could instead focus on how we were actively involved in commemorations and other relevant positive community engagement, but what choice is there when “use the CoC” might as well be “tape your mouth shut”?

It’s woeful that we’re shackled in this way.

Here’s to a long life lived in the service of this nation; God Save The King.

8 Likes