September 2022 Stop Order

HQRAFAC: So we’ve made you all cancel parade nights and weekend activities but can you convince your Cadets to stand in position for a couple hours for us. #ValueTheVolunteer

5 Likes

I have no idea why you lot aren’t parading. We’ve been told all normal training can continue with the exception of the day of the funeral. Camps and parade nights are going ahead.

1 Like

Same reason we’re not allowed outside in a stiff breeze or Britain’s 3 days of summer, probably.

11 Likes

Which is why at times like this you decentralise & go to local command.

Didn’t realise you had to put Bader events on for Lord Lt cadets.

There’s going to be lots of photos of Army & Sea Cadets & none for air cadets.

1 Like

It’s the IBN that’s created this situation.

Surely there has to be someone with the moral fibre to take that “on risk”?

Most LL cadets are going to be over 18. Adults within their own right. Surely. Fudging surely, someone has the backbone to say go for it.

If there is no Air Cadet presence at these events, it’ll be a disgrace.

4 Likes

HQRAFAC has spent the last 5-10 years undermining everyone’s ability to make their decisions, and completely chastising anyone who dares.

They simply don’t care what we think.

4 Likes

Normally the Lord Lt’s office run things independently of the Sqn. Otherwise you get security risks creeping in.

Lord Lt thank fully has the clout to say no we’re doing this.

3 Likes

Good. Someone who indirectly gives a monkeys then.

They’re an absolute embarrassment.

4 Likes

A few Wing Commanders are DLs. Wonder which way they’d go…

I am aware locally RHQ has been available every since Her Late Majesty decease was announced and are automatically approving any formal request from civic dignitaries for cadet attendance of any flavour including LLC nearly immediately without any argument.

1 Like

I don’t expect there to be any arguments provided something is within the “civic function” remit given.

I suspect it’s to have sight of what’s going on - since we’re officially shut down it would be a shock to see cadets out and about and those with the jitters will want to know why.

Whether that’s necessary… Is up for debate.

Whether the shut down is necessary… Looking at the greener grasses it would appear not.

Some activities, sure. All?

Just more evidence that HQ doesn’t trust us.

Thinking about it, the only valid reason I can think of for stopping activities is so that we are available for civic functions.

However, if this was the case, then a) say that, and b) trust unit commanders to be able to correctly identify the difference between a civic function and a cinema visit.

We had to turn down a local council event that was happening yesterday because of the stop order.

Initially they were going to cancel, but they decided to carry on but have a minute’s silence. We had to tell them we weren’t allowed to attend.

ACF and SCC were there.

2 Likes

On the route this morning from Balmoral to Aberdeen, local squadrons should have paraded at the route where their squadrons are based to pay their respects and damn RAFAC instructions.

6 Likes

To the higher authority as a representative of the Crown.

One would hope…

Not sure you wouldn’t have gotten that one through, but I don’t know what the event was