Death of HM Queen Elizabeth II

I have the “benefit (?)” of being signed off.

Not sure if it’s a good idea.

1 Like

I know a few of my Scottish friends are looking for confirmation about if they will be to able to file past Her Late Majesty Coffin in Edinburgh as has been suggested.

They are however already planning to travel to see her arrival & departure from Her Late Scottish capital but no timings or detailed info have yet been released so they are having trouble planning different suggestions of her arrival.

One suggestion is Her Late Majesty’s arrives tomorrow evening and stays at rest in The Palace of Holyrood House for the night before being taken in procession to St Giles on Monday and will Lay at rest for 24 hrs before departing on Tuesday. Their has been suggestion St Giles will be open for for people to file past but no one’s has announced timings. Will it be open all night?

Same lack of information about the London Lying in State but that is a few days further away.

2 Likes

It’s expected to be a 12 hour queue minimum for the laying in state in London’s and I think they have underestimated that.

Once I know what I’m doing work wise I will decide what I’m going to do.

2 Likes

I suspect if they are planning for queues that long that is why they are flying Her Late Majesty to London to give longer time for a lying in state than if Her Late Majesty had travelled back on the Royal Train.

1 Like

Christ. All the will in the world, I won’t be able to manage that.

2 Likes

Will there be a call out for fornal RAFAC presence at the funeral?
Need bodies to line that route afterall!

2 Likes

Funeral is the 19th

Doubtful. The RAF won’t want us involved if there’s any chance we might get mistaken for them / give them extra credit…

Last time I was involved in any of the briefings they were saying they expected the line to start at Blackfriars!

I think the train was always unrealistic, from a search point of view they had identified something in the region of 10,000 points of danger which would need searching!

That’s a at least 2 mile queue I can see where the 12 Hrs comes from. Does anyone know how long the queue was for His Late Majesty King George VI?

If she lies in state at Edinburgh we might go, if she takes the train we’ll watch at Berwick-upon-Tweed.

Hope not. All the backbiting that will go on will be unbearable. Bad enough on the criteria for the QPJM :roll_eyes:

1 Like

According to a guy on BBC News earlier the queue to view the Queen Mother lying in state was 24 hours long at points with people filing past all through the night.

2 Likes

Will be an obviously smaller crowd in Her Late Majesty’s Scottish Capital but I feel slightly sorry for my Scottish friends who can not make it to London but wish to file past Her Late Majesty’s Coffin. The High Kirk will be open to the public for just less than 24 hrs I would guess looking at the limited timings that have now been released & that’s assuming the High Kirk stays open all throughout the night for People to file past. Im not sure everyone who wishes to and who can get to Edinburgh would be able to in that time. Where as while being busier I think we have a better chance in London due to the much longer period.

I think I’ve just accepted that I won’t be making that trip to either capital. It is rather disappointing.

1 Like

Eek. I was contemplating it having not been old enough when Diana died but I don’t think I can mentally or physically wait in a queue for that long.

I think for me it will be headphones and an extremely large portable battery pack or two with some downloaded Netflix on my phone to keep me going

I considered it. But don’t think SWMBO would be keen on having to look after the kids for that long

1 Like

I will be in town for work overnight Tuesday, if timings work Wednesday morning I will head to the route as Her Majesty is driven to Westminster Hall to pay my respects.

1 Like

Conversely, this might be exactly why we get invited… to make them look bigger.

1 Like