Platinum Jubilee

Wow…

Long term planning…

Another 2-7 years of Liz…
Then 18 months before coronation.
Then 25 YEARS of Charles…

Jeezzzzz…

That’s quite some time away…
By which time he will be what? 95 to 100…

Lots ifs in there.

Surprised is defo the word.

1 Like

If Official from the college of arms, it wont need changing.

If it isnt… yep. Might do.

We were discussing it with/mugging off our boss at work, she’s a Captain Mainwairing and won’t be getting one this tune round either.

1 Like

Also all OR/Officer beret and cap badges, all signage that has the Queen’s crown, new photographs of the King to be issued to every unit - the list goes on and will be at significant cost.

No ATC crests should - we use an Astral Crown which isn’t specific to the monarch’s gender.

Hasnt got 5 years…?
Heart bleeds… :roll_eyes:

Yeah. But how many are wrong!

1 Like

When the old king died I thought the old and bold kept their King’s crown uniform until issued replacements? With some seeing it as a badge of experience, similar to very few KCs opting to move to QC.

1 Like

I always thought that it wasn’t a king or queens crown - and it could be decided that the crown on the uniform doesn’t change…?

I don’t have a reliable source for this.

1 Like

You are correct. The crowns are not gender dependent and several kings have used the St Edward’s crown on their cipher or coat of arms.

The “King’s” crown represents the Tudor/Imperial Crown and the “Queen’s” crown represents the St Edward’s Crown. Charles may think the St Edward’s crown is a better option.

The royal arms of Queen Victoria uses the Imperial Crown and the royal arms of William IV, her predecessor, uses the St Edward’s Crown.

1 Like

Let’s not talk HM into an early grave.

She needs to make it another 3 weeks first!

2 Likes

There’s no way she’s going to go before Boris resigns. I guess that still means the 3 weeks isn’t guaranteed.

2 Likes

After todays news

Watch this space for Prime Minister Liz Truss leading the jubilee celebrations

1 Like

No chance, it with her Dishy Rishy

Nah, he’s not batshit crazy enough for the nutters on the party right who are livid about his tax rises

2 Likes

But anyway, back to jubilee.

jubilee

03:50 in… :laughing:

1 Like

There is no “King’s Crown” vs “Queen’s Crown”.
The Monarch can choose which crown they wish to use. Where the Tudor Crown had previously been used, Elizabeth decided to go with the St Edward’s Crown.

Given the significant cost implications I wouldn’t be surprised if Charles is advised to stay with the St Edward’s.

EDIT I see that Goodegg and Talon got there before me… I really should recheck the page before posting after a spell away from the PC.

Just been sent this…
Looks like someone has given up waiting and asked the MOD Directly about Cadet staff being awarded the QPJM.