Platinum Jubilee

When the old king died I thought the old and bold kept their King’s crown uniform until issued replacements? With some seeing it as a badge of experience, similar to very few KCs opting to move to QC.

1 Like

I always thought that it wasn’t a king or queens crown - and it could be decided that the crown on the uniform doesn’t change…?

I don’t have a reliable source for this.

1 Like

You are correct. The crowns are not gender dependent and several kings have used the St Edward’s crown on their cipher or coat of arms.

The “King’s” crown represents the Tudor/Imperial Crown and the “Queen’s” crown represents the St Edward’s Crown. Charles may think the St Edward’s crown is a better option.

The royal arms of Queen Victoria uses the Imperial Crown and the royal arms of William IV, her predecessor, uses the St Edward’s Crown.

1 Like

Let’s not talk HM into an early grave.

She needs to make it another 3 weeks first!

2 Likes

There’s no way she’s going to go before Boris resigns. I guess that still means the 3 weeks isn’t guaranteed.

2 Likes

After todays news

Watch this space for Prime Minister Liz Truss leading the jubilee celebrations

1 Like

No chance, it with her Dishy Rishy

Nah, he’s not batshit crazy enough for the nutters on the party right who are livid about his tax rises

2 Likes

But anyway, back to jubilee.

jubilee

03:50 in… :laughing:

1 Like

There is no “King’s Crown” vs “Queen’s Crown”.
The Monarch can choose which crown they wish to use. Where the Tudor Crown had previously been used, Elizabeth decided to go with the St Edward’s Crown.

Given the significant cost implications I wouldn’t be surprised if Charles is advised to stay with the St Edward’s.

EDIT I see that Goodegg and Talon got there before me… I really should recheck the page before posting after a spell away from the PC.

Just been sent this…
Looks like someone has given up waiting and asked the MOD Directly about Cadet staff being awarded the QPJM.

Volunteer cadet corps…

What is this?
How long have they been around and who are they affiliated to?

They are another MOD/RN recognised splishy splashy cadet force. I believe their CFAVs also get the CFM
https://volunteercadetcorps.org/

1 Like

One of those random other Naval cadet forces.

3 Likes

Aren’t they the Marine Cadets?

Yeah pretty much

They do seem to spawn them dont they?

I was chatting with a police officer friend today - he told me that PCSOs that have completed five years service will be in line for the QPJM and were also eligible for the QDJM, further if a PCSO has become a constable their time as a PCSO is counted to the five years.

This to me just adds more weight to the argument that time spent as as a CI should count for those that are uniformed CFAV should count as here we have police staff that are civilians (not sworn constables), eligible.