Platinum Jubilee

With the proviso of it being qualifying cadet service. My reading of this would be to allow you to count ACF time of you were now ATC, or SCC time if now CCF etc

I’m not sure it was that the Gold and Diamond expended things considerably - but I think it’s a reflection that the armed forces reduced from circa 330,000 in 1977 when the Silver Jubilee was issued to circa 150,000 today. AFAIAK there were some Silver Jubilee medals issued to VR(T) officers; I believe they were issued “representative” rather than per person back then, so each formation was given a number to distribute throughout that formation.

Quick Google shows 30,000 issued in the UK, so approx 9000 given to the military

Silver Jubilee had 30,000 issued (plus 30,000 Canadian version).
Golden Jubilee had almost 400,000 (more than 10x increase)
Diamond Jubilee had an estimated 438,000 not including the Caribbean realm versions.

[source: Medal Yearbook 2021]

Thanks for that detailed response :rofl:

My reading of it was that only Uniformed CFAV were eligible to receive the medal, but nowhere does it say that all the qualifying years had to be whilst in uniform.

Ah I see.
I misread your question then.

No idea. Sorry.

Then does that mean that they are uniformed CFAVs? :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Any sign of the DIN on the jubilee medal yet?

Last 2 jubilees it was released in the Nov before.

The pessimist in me is saying they are holding out on issuing it whilst her health stays as it is

3 Likes

Her Majesty is fine.
Just age reducing mobility.

God Save the Queen

4 Likes

Could someone with access to modnet, please do a search for the jubillee medal DIN.

It must be out by now!

Only 2 months to go.

As of 2 days ago, it hadn’t been released yet.

1 Like

All,

A few weeks ago I wrote to the DCMS. To ask and get their confirmation on the QPJM.

I received an official reply.

I can confirm that it is as per the diamond jubillee.

Uniformed CFAVs with 5 years service on the jubilee date will be receiving the medal.

11 Likes

Apologies if this may or may not have been asked - does this include 18-20 service?

No.

It’s only Uniformed CFAV service.
Must have 5 years service as of jubille date.

1 Like

Although someone posted above that they knew people who claimed that time and got the last medal

1 Like

There we go. Whether that was a mistake by someone in the vetting process or not I don’t know. My money is on mistake

Can it be claimed rectrospectivaly :joy::joy:

1 Like

According to the Internet, the answer is Yes!

2 Likes

Of course, they may just be wearing a medal they know they are not entitled to, although knowing the individual, I doubt it.