Platinum Jubilee

Could someone with access to modnet, please do a search for the jubillee medal DIN.

It must be out by now!

Only 2 months to go.

As of 2 days ago, it hadn’t been released yet.

1 Like

All,

A few weeks ago I wrote to the DCMS. To ask and get their confirmation on the QPJM.

I received an official reply.

I can confirm that it is as per the diamond jubillee.

Uniformed CFAVs with 5 years service on the jubilee date will be receiving the medal.

11 Likes

Apologies if this may or may not have been asked - does this include 18-20 service?

No.

It’s only Uniformed CFAV service.
Must have 5 years service as of jubille date.

1 Like

Although someone posted above that they knew people who claimed that time and got the last medal

1 Like

There we go. Whether that was a mistake by someone in the vetting process or not I don’t know. My money is on mistake

Can it be claimed rectrospectivaly :joy::joy:

1 Like

According to the Internet, the answer is Yes!

2 Likes

Of course, they may just be wearing a medal they know they are not entitled to, although knowing the individual, I doubt it.

It would be a brave person to do that straight after the qualifying date when still in the organisation.

Relates to topic as it relates to the timeframe but does anyone know how to get UAS/UOTC/URNU/other service on SMS/Volunteer Portal.

That is assuming that:
A. This service counts, which I think I read above, it does
B. SMS/volunteer portal is used to calculate who is/isn’t eligible, if not, what is?

Thanks in advance.

We dont record that on SMS as it isnt anything related to RAFAC.
Just as we dont record an SIs date joining their relevant branch / force.

For the QPJM each relevant authority, so in our case RAFAC, will apply for the medal.

I’m not sure how service between the 2 can be added to together. Or indeed if that is allowed.

My understanding is it also is 5 years unbroken service and not aggregated. So not like the CFM, which can now be aggregated.

Thanks, I’ll do some more digging.

Previous medals have been aggregated rather than unbroken and you could include time in other qualifying roles.

Any idea how you alert RAFAC to this though so apply for the medal as otherwise they have no idea what service I’ve got.

You’ll probably have to do a claim form. If they can’t automate a system for the CFM they surely won’t be able to automate this

Thanks, I’ll take a look at the awards & honours ACP.

Bizarrely, despite having a manual, ‘individual applies for their own’ procedure for the CFM, the jubilee medals have previously come without individual CFAV intervention.

Fair enough then. I stand corrected