HM King Charles III - Coronation Medal

Found the crow :wink:

Wouldnt it be so much easier if as suggested common sense was used

Tranche 1, Those already awarded QPJM and still in service on the coronation Date
Tranche 2, Those who have done the required time by date of the actual coronation
Tranche 3, those successfuly arguing their case for meeting the criteria

in which case Tranche 1 submissions could be submitted now in readiness for the submission to be sent.

Surely someone must have already thought out the relevant criteria,

That obviously wont happen because its far too easy…

My Guess is that Worcester Medals will get the Contract, (if they arent already lined up for it) the purpose of sending the Tender will be to keep the Bean counters happy with contract law, after all as previously stated Worcester have successfuly done the last two, they have the relevant set up and are able to deliver to timescales.

Id also suggest that the design would be not disimilar to that currentli in use on the new coins.

1 Like

Squints

You must be new to the military / RAFAC bureaucratic processes…

4 Likes

I largely agree, but they’ll want some sort of check that these people have also done sufficient hours this year as I would expect the qualifying year to shift.

IMHO this will be the criteria again, so only those with a significant involvement in the coronation will be eligible. Jubilee medals are awarded in recognition of service, coronation medals are like operational medals - you’ve got to be there or provide support for a set period.

Not completely true. Plenty of people were given coronation medals who played no part in it. I’ve got one from George VI awarded to a colonial civil servant in Northern Rhodesia. He didn’t attend the coronation or take part in organising it.

Plenty of examples of coronation medals being given to civic leaders as well.

Wonder if they may go down the route of something like…

The Coromation medal will be Awarded on the 1st Anniversary of the Coronation, as a gift from the sovergin to the following…

Buys a little seperation time between the QPJM and his Coronation one.
Also makes the distritbution list for it slightly different.
Also buys time to get it all sorted.

Only a thought.

1 Like

Interesting way of thinking about it.

My interesting way of thinking about it is not thinking about it and waiting for official news.

8 Likes

Also spreads cost across two financial years

Confirmation of a medal will come out in Privy council minutes but until then it is all just speculation.

1 Like

The Foreign Office probably had/have a criteria for those in the Empire/Commonwealth or serving in embassies. I’m sure the Home Office & MoD had/will have different rules for those in UK.

Those overseas while not directly involved may still have been responsible for “local” celebrations to mark the occasion.

I think people need to accept that chance of rafac or cadet forces being issued is slim.

Concerned a few here will be in tears! Just prepare yourselves for this fact.

5 Likes

This. We are bottom priority, always will be, this years NYH list showed just how unimportant we are.

Personally I don’t care either way, didn’t with the QPJM either.

3 Likes

We will be probably waiting quite a while to find out in either case. Although I personally suspect we won’t get it. Going by the QPJM the DIn for that only came out 4 weeks or so before the award date. I suspect that the DIN (if their is one) wont come out till a similar time before the coronation if not later so at least April maybe later before we know either way.

Not New at all… but at some point once in a while, someone must slip up and do the right thing…

Even a broken clock is right twice a day sorta thing? :joy:

Accidentally do the right thing…

Nice try!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/929618/response/2217587/attach/html/3/FOI2022%2015058%20Coronation%20Medal%20Robert%20Ward.pdf.html

1 Like