Coronation of King Charles III

So just had an idea that might be cheaper & work.

All those involved in the coronation ceremony, royal household and all those with five year eligible service on the date of coronation but who didn’t get the QPJM - all get the coronation medal.

All those who got the QPJM & would have five years eligible service on the date of coronation get a bar to their QPJM in the form of a tutor crown affixed to the medal ribbon.

Got to be cheaper, still does the recognition & but keeps the rarity down. Might suggest this to MPto take forward.

1 Like

There is precedent to an extent with the Victoria golden and diamond jubilee medals. If you got the former then you got a clasp instead of the latter.
Slight difference here though in that it’s different monarchs.

I think that would be a good option to save costs… I have replicas mounted and originals safely tucked away

1 Like

Slight… difference…

Erm… mainly the whole thing.

2 Likes

To quote WLSC:

“The object of presenting medals, stars, and ribbons is to give pride and pleasure to those who have deserved them. At the same time a distinction is something which everybody does not possess. If all have it it is of less value … A medal glitters, but it also casts a shadow”

6 Likes

So looks like it is confirmee only those directly involved that will get a medal :+1:

Can’t find that tweet on their timeline.

Yep. Fake news. Clue is in the poor grammar (and the fact you can easily search it on their twitter account).

2 Likes

This is clearly nonsense but I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out to be true, apart from the MPs bit. MPs get enough perks as it is.

2 Likes

Even this government aren’t stupid enough to give it to all MPs but not all regular personnel.

5 Likes

This is from combat boots troll account, creatively name bombat coot. Completely made up, always check their actual timeline before believing anything they spread.

1 Like

I would like to think that if such a decision was to be made, it would not be announced via a badly written tweet.

That’s exactly how I’d expect us in the RAFAC to find out :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

True, but other organisations usually have slightly better comms.

4 Likes

Imagine if Joseph Goebbels or Napoleon had, had the internet available to them, you’d have never heard about Waterloo or Stalingrad.

1 Like

Just been told by a friend in the Home Counties that it is proposed we all hold church parades during which everyone renews their oaths of allegiance/cadet promise as a fitting way to celebrate the coronation, especially since the blanket ban on anything during the period following the death of ER II.

Seems a good idea, despite the fact I believe church parades have been discouraged for decades due to lack of inclusivity, I’m sure a public event such as this will give RAFAC some valuable publicity and visibility both locally and nationally.

I’m equally sure local plod will enjoy all the PMEs that’ll be generated.

1 Like

As a Squadron, staff and cadets we all renewed our promise in church at Christmas time. It was a really nice service and very enjoyable.

We always have church service for ATC Sunday as well.

1 Like

They can propose what they like.

I like the majority of the Country in reality will be taking the long weekend for fun and family.

These people are out of touch. They forget that we are volunteers and the cadets have parents who on the whole dictate their wekends.

2 Likes