Celebrating Success / Feel Good Stories from the RAFAC

Link still works, click “Video on Facebook”.

Now seen, TY. Absolutely brilliant!!!

1 Like

Over 100 cadets flown in a Chinook today at the Air and Space Camp! Not bad going as it looks like it was unexpected!

5 Likes

So that’s why there were so many buses at Syerston when I drove past!

Did see 2 gliders in the air too, but was surprised to see the number of buses.

Just a quick message (if there are any CVC (Previously known as CVQO) graduates here) to say congratulations on your graduation today!

4 Likes

I think the man deserves more than just a 6th clasp!

13 Likes

How no one checked the system, spotted that, and stuck him in for an MBE I will never know…

3 Likes

Unironically can you fit a 6th clasp on the medal? Surely you’re running out of ribbon!!

Excellent bit of media here too

Promotion to Air Commodore?

You mean a certificate of meritorious service, right :rofl:?

2 Likes

Promotion to Air Commodore - that would be a demotion - but why no MBE - where is the justice there?

For any other civvie volunteering for over half a century would get an OBE at a minimum I’d imagine…

I wouldn’t be opposed to a knighthood for that level of service to your community but nope, someone who runs fast or plays tennis well gets one.

RAFAC sure knows how to minimise external recognition.

5 Likes

You’re supposed to get every medal remounted with a longer ribbon every time you add a clasp. I assume the CFM uses the same silver / gold rosette system as the VRSM for 4+ clasps. @Horriblelittletechie will know.

you can nominate anyone for honours yourself

But the moment they see “cadets” it gets shunted off into the military system.

1 Like

Nope, as soon as it’s for someone within RAFAC they divert it to the military system and the CoC quash if as it hasn’t gone through them.

… and they don’t have one.

3 Likes

I heard this story second hand so not sure of how truthful it was but I did hear a story a few years ago of as they were then VRT Officer who received a BEM for voluntary things totally outside of the ATC or the military world in general (no reference made to his cadet volunteering on citation) and 1) got in a rollocking for accepting it without getting permission/informing his cadet CofC. 2) their OC wing informed him he wasn’t to wear it on VRT uniform as it was “inappropriate” for a officer to be awarded and wear a BEM as it “was to junior” “and BEM are not awarded to officers”.

Said OC Wing did not by the way have a state honour.

It does show some peoples views on the honours system in this organisation.

1 Like

Sounds like he deserves an MBE.

1 Like