Celebrating Success / Feel Good Stories from the RAFAC

A lot of units have now returned and it’s a busy time, so share your best/favourite stories of pride and success!

Anecdotes, Social Media and News site links, photos - whatever you’ve got.

3 Rules:

1. Positive story
  2. Positive responses
  3. Nothing identifiable that doesn’t already appear in a public source

There’s a lot of good in this organisation, so now that most are back in action it’s time to remember why we’re all here!

5 Likes

Very smart.

8 Likes

If you zoom in on the wreath, it’s Priory Foundation Academy in Lincolnshire. Good to see CCF looking smart

solid beret there and shoe string in the jumper!

1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/26035834884/posts/10159913982189885/

Another good image.

Good effort to that CWO, a lot of achievements shown on his brassard.

6 Likes

That’s a cracking brassard! I know we joke about the addition of all the badges but that does look good!

2 Likes

Robo-cadet. Looks unstoppable!

1 Like

Corrected that for you…

Plus QAIC…

1 Like

Ah yes.

I’m going to assume he is also a mayor’s cadet.

1 Like

Main BBC news story re today’s commemorations shows two cadets in prominence at the Aberystwyth ceremony

BBC News - Remembrance Sunday: Nation falls silent to remember the war dead

Great to see my news feed filled with cadets parading today.

Great efforts by all.

6 Likes

Little bit of self promotion, Remembrance Sunday last year, my incredibly premature lad was being blue lighted 3 counties away for surgery to save his life.

I managed to start volunteering again two months ago. Much against my better judgement I’m sure.

Today, we went to the squadrons parade, with him looking cute as a button.

27 Likes

Little legend. Already getting the cam and con skills polished I see!

2 Likes

That was OC home’s decision… Dead against it at first, but it grew on me. Suits him. :rofl:

1 Like

Only a small thing.
But I was so proud of my Sqn today.
30 cadets on parade and all smart as a button.

Considering 80% are new, it is a testament to the Sqn, staff team and my cadet NCOs.

Sometimes, wish I didnt have to maintain the annonimity for here, but doesnt change the fact I am very proud of them all.

A good day.

20 Likes

Small success story from yesterday for me:

None of our cadets fainted!

All looked fantastic and marched really well. A proud moment after missing last year and having very limited practice time :grinning:

8 Likes

One shy cadet on camp really struggling… until codebreaking exercise. RAF staff VERY interested - “who are they? They’re REALLY good”. Who knows what will follow from that!

6 Likes

Ours were fantastic, spectacular parade and a very nice Chipmunk flypast.

One of my LCpls did faint, but as he did it last year too we were ready for him this time…

1 Like

One of the veterans came up to me after the parade yesterday and commented on how smart we looked and how much better our drill was than the Army Cadets. I usually make a point of not commenting when we’re compared with the other cadet forces, but it did make me smile given most of our cadets only joined within the past 6 months or so and I could count on one hand the number of quality drill nights some of them had before the parade.

3 Likes

I was at White Hall one of the Donkey Wallopers went down with a clatter.

2 Likes