Carol Vorderman - Group Captain (Retired)

:eyes: :eyes:

That’s from a perm member of staff. I’m not saying who, though it’s probably fairly obvious! They even used the word monitor :wink:

Isn’t this all very off topic…

Yeah, but to be fair, the point of this topic died a long time ago.

1 Like

Is it me or is 100-1 a pretty good whinge to gem of an idea ratio?

1 Like

Doesn’t sound like a bad ratio to me either. Afterall if the idea occurs here it’s pretty easy to gauge average response to it too. Not surprised at all some staff use it as a bit of recon/idea generator.

1 Like

“Under Section 16 (Advice and Assistance), it may be useful for you to know that Air Cadet Central
is a privately funded website, the Royal Air Force Air Cadets (RAFAC) do not monitor Cadet Force
Adult Volunteer activity on this website or any other private social media sites.”

So senior RAF staff again being disingenuous. This year you have had Wigston, Byford, Jennings and two 3* all called out publicly for honesty and integrity. Not a good look!!!

1 Like

it all depends how the measure of a whinge is calculated.

at the time of writing ACPS -cancelled-another-kick-in-the-teeth thread has 429 comments.
this could be 400 (repeated) whinges to the situation and 4 good ideas which are offered - this i believe is likely a fair and accurate ratio - as many of us have added our whining comments thus adding to the 400 tally, with some suggestions of ways to do it better amongst it all.

if however a single thread is considered one whinge and it therefore requires 99 other whining threads (note threads not posts) to be “pointless” i think that is unfair.

1 Like

You can have a ratio of 1:1 …but if the good idea is not implemented / investigated further then it means nothing!

1 Like

Semantics, not being disingenuous.

(Assuming an honest statement in the FOI) HQAC do not have a formal monitoring programme for the purpose of applying discipline or censorship, or indeed taking action against individuals, or something else with direct operational motives.

It would be naive to think that individuals aren’t free to look at whatever website they wish to and if that garners ideas or insight which influences actions…

And if, while doing so, you find something problematic then it would be remiss not to act - freedom of speech, not freedom from consequence. Perhaps someone shares something protectively marked or is otherwise secret information (weapon locations, tidbits of info not public that was heard in an area where people hold a certain clearance, etc), perhaps someone makes an accusation or disclosure, maybe something potentially illegal happens…

We’re all obligated to respond to certain situations a certain way, but for others the duty-bind and the consequences are greater.

It’s a politicking type distinction, but I’m happy with that compared to the idea of an HQAC Wg Cdr Volkskammer.

Sharing weapon locations you say? You mean like a certain RC uploading photos of various armouries across a Wing, showing what’s stored in there and how? Yeah, that would never happen… :rofl:

5 Likes

It’s as if my examples were deliberate.

Anyway, until there’s more news or opinions on CV, we’re way off track.

Time to get back on topic.

2 Likes

Fastjetperformance has posted a video on rhe subject… plus appeared on GB News.

Only to have his most controversial point ‘one upped’ by Charlie Mullins.

Did she… dear oh dear… might explain her body snatcher replacements different attitude then!

Can’t wait to hear her and their new presenter getting together

2 Likes

Well, she seems to have been booted off BBC Radio Wales.

2 Likes

"However, despite my show being light-hearted with no political content, it was explained to me that as it is a weekly show in my name, the new guidelines would apply to all and any content that I post all year round.

"Since those non-negotiable changes to my radio contract were made, I’ve ultimately found that I’m not prepared to lose my voice on social media, change who I am, or lose the ability to express the strong beliefs I hold about the political turmoil this country finds itself in.

"My decision has been to continue to criticise the current UK government for what it has done to the country which I love - and I’m not prepared to stop. I was brought up to fight for what I believe in, and I will carry on.

“Consequently I have now breached the new guidelines and BBC Wales management have decided I must leave. We each must make our decisions.”

I support her. Not the opinion it’s self per-se, but her choice to put being able to vocalise her opinion over anything else.

10 Likes

Actual sacrifice. I applaud that.

3 Likes

More time for the RAFAC

3 Likes

Nah straight over to LBC

2 Likes

1 second would be more than she currently gives!

1 Like