Carol Vorderman - Group Captain (Retired)

GB News this morning. An utter re-hash of what we already know but interesting all the same.

I wonder whether these papers would be so anti-Carol if she were talking bad about the Labour Partyā€¦,

1 Like

Alternative headline: ā€œWoman says things we disagree with, RAF bosses agree she had freedom of speech.ā€

3 Likes

Re Monitoring ACC the MOD have officially denied that they do ā€œ Under Section 16 (Advice and Assistance), it may be useful for you to know that Air Cadet Central is a privately funded website, the Royal Air Force Air Cadets (RAFAC) do not monitor Cadet Force Adult Volunteer activity on this website or any other private social media sites.ā€ https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1030600/response/2444775/attach/3/FOI%202023%2011582%20Wiseman.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

GB news is just a mouth piece of the Tory party. Calling it a news station is stretching it and have been successfully prosecuted by OFCOM on Impartiality rules.

2 Likes

Well thatā€™s just not true now is it!

2 Likes

Its a load of right wing crap

3 Likes

I think it likes to think it & for a certain section but not as much as it wants to be. Itā€™s a bit like the right wing version of momentum or LBC.

Itā€™s GB News. If you want worthwhile journalism itā€™s worth looking elsewhere.

2 Likes

I do chuckle when I hear comments about LBC being left wing on here.

I know they have representation across the spectrum, but the right wing representation they have had is far more to the right than the left wing stuff is to the left.

Itā€™s all a matter of perspective.

James OB would probably be the go to lefty, but heā€™s actually fairly central.

But Farage had his own show and frequently smacked people down about climate change, which is a scientific fact.

Ferrari in the morning and Ian Dale in the evening cover a lot of prime time when people arenā€™t at work or in education. And the latter stood for office as a Conservative.

Iā€™ve forgotten the Labour chapā€™s name, but I donā€™t think he has a prime time slot and at least where party politics is concerned, heā€™s a member of a broadly centre-left party (arguably on the right for certain policies).

Anyway, my point is that itā€™s not left wing (unless you compare with Fox, NewsMax, or GB News).

Be careful not to let a gradual reframing of public discourse skew the picture. Go to America and what is extreme left and right changes again!

6 Likes

Is it just me, or can anyone else hear the Countdown clock??? :wink:

Shes currently presenting on LBC.

Interesting quotes from internal emails in the sun:
There is no audit trail
Subjecting her to acp20 could be problematic

What the RAF doesnā€™t need at the moment is any more negative publicity!

1 Like

Isnā€™t that all in the FOI higher up the thread?

Yes.

To be fair, she is generating an awful lot of publicity at the moment.

Itā€™s just a shame the publicity generated is 100% about Carol Vorderman and 0% about RAFAC.

1 Like

It wont surprise me if she stands as a parliamentary candidate at the next election for labour.

Fast track to cabinet member.

2 Likes

Even though sheā€™s clearly fallen out of love with the current government, I canā€™t imagine her standing for Labour: she can do maths.

2 Likes

But what about a peerage?

Baroness Vorderman of Prestatyn perhaps?

Got the national charity service, tv personality & potential incoming government ā€œsupporterā€ boxes all ticked.

As long as her tax returns are all in order she could be very well wearing ermin in the next couple of yearsā€¦

1 Like