Carol Vorderman - Group Captain (Retired)

Only to have his most controversial point ‘one upped’ by Charlie Mullins.

Did she… dear oh dear… might explain her body snatcher replacements different attitude then!

Can’t wait to hear her and their new presenter getting together

2 Likes

Well, she seems to have been booted off BBC Radio Wales.

2 Likes

"However, despite my show being light-hearted with no political content, it was explained to me that as it is a weekly show in my name, the new guidelines would apply to all and any content that I post all year round.

"Since those non-negotiable changes to my radio contract were made, I’ve ultimately found that I’m not prepared to lose my voice on social media, change who I am, or lose the ability to express the strong beliefs I hold about the political turmoil this country finds itself in.

"My decision has been to continue to criticise the current UK government for what it has done to the country which I love - and I’m not prepared to stop. I was brought up to fight for what I believe in, and I will carry on.

“Consequently I have now breached the new guidelines and BBC Wales management have decided I must leave. We each must make our decisions.”

I support her. Not the opinion it’s self per-se, but her choice to put being able to vocalise her opinion over anything else.

10 Likes

Actual sacrifice. I applaud that.

3 Likes

More time for the RAFAC

3 Likes

Nah straight over to LBC

2 Likes

1 second would be more than she currently gives!

1 Like

I would bet she has timed out by now based on the FOI request answers.

I’m sure that ended up being their plan.

Lots of other good people coming out in support of Carol too.

1 Like

Has anyone supported her who is not also a vocal supporter of the Labour Party?

Alan Carr and Joe Lycett are particularly known for being Labour supporters, after all.

1 Like

I think you might be confusing those who dislike the current government with those who support the Labour Party :wink:

For the majority of the people supporting her, mentioned in that article, I have no clue who they do/don’t support.

I think there are many people of influence who are calling out issues within are current government. But I have seen few calling out full support for the Labour Party.

3 Likes

How would notice another madman around here…

I think hits the nail on the head. Even in general discourse, the conversation is less about how Labour will make an amazing government and much more about how, if this country is to stand any chance of future prosperity, the Tories have to go.

1 Like

Labour never win an election - it’s just that from time-to-time the Tories lose an election.

2 Likes

Once the other parties catch-on and unite to change the system, we might actually get meaningful choice!

Although likely with the Tories permanently the largest party in England…

But probably unlikely to get a majority with the smaller parties of the left holding most of the kingmaker power in coalitions.

2015 would’ve been a Conservative/UKIP coalition under PR, I don’t think a change of system would automatically give people (LibDems) the results they expect. (The referendum on changing from FPTP was pretty conclusive too).

2 Likes