ACP20 Pers Form 1-19

I will work on the basis that as they havent sent me any RAFAC tabs yet, that they clearly dont want me to consider this yet!

I really couldn’t care less what they think of me as their opinion carries no weight in my real life. They operate in a bubble punching way above their weight and if that bubble burst no one would be any the wiser or really, really care, outside of that bubble.

If you are trying to encourage people into the Corps as staff, having a stark, employment contract sounding agreement isn’t the way forward, especially as unlike many other organisations which rely on volunteers, youth organisations rely massively on people who are working and have families, so spare time is at a premium.

TBH if they decided to pursue some sort of discip action how the individual feels about the organisation at the time would influence their decision to challenge or not. As there is no financial reward what would be the reason to fight it? If it was allegations of financial or sexual misconduct you would be more inclined to fight, but little else, as you could just resign and get your life back.

That’s already my experience - there is sufficient antipathy towards the organisation, and I mean the structure and hierarchy rather than cadets, the Sqn and fellow staff, that people are just binning it rather than fight out an emotionally fraught and protracted battle in an attempt to prove their innocence.

Two recent cases leap to mind, one where the bloke was entirely innocent - and I know this because it was me who was involved in the incident, while the accused was about 4 miles away - and another the exact truth of which I’m not sure of. In both situations the people involved had left the organisation within a few weeks of being told that there was going to be an investigation into their conduct, and in both cases the accused told their colleagues, me in one of the cases, that the game simply wasn’t worth the candle. So they binned it.

3 Likes

Yep.Verdict is it is badly worded and if you (or me) was financially disadvantaged say if you did 8 days duty at camp and HQAC decided they would only pay you three by using their claim that there was no money.Then there would be a case to take to tribunal.Needless to say im not signing it period.

Incidentally has anyone challenged the signing of the new staff agreement?

Seems if you don’t sign it then you get terminated (only from service not from life). That wasn’t in the brochure when they were rolling out the CFC was it?

1 Like

Shame… I know a few people who should be terminated :smiling_imp:

What’s your source for that?

It’s not mentioned in the role out of the thing either.

A few of us questioned it at the COs Conference. The answers from the ‘top table’ were as banal as you can imagine.
Everyone said it was an employment contract but with none of the things that make employment contracts palatable. Which even go some sage nods from the top table.

Anyone know if it came up at convention?

An email from a Wing demanding people do it or get sacked.

Lovely.

Certainly I haven’t seen anything from HQAC explaining the consequences of not signing (and a couple of my staff have refused so I hope that isn’t the case).

We were told the same sign or leave…
There is a deadline set by HQAC I’m led to believe
I’m going to be a total pain… it does say something along the lines of attend where possible

Well I’m busy for every mundane crappy thing our wing wants me and my staff for!

1 Like

This is what we were told when it was first released in December, with an original deadline of 31 May…

The new RAF Air Cadets – Adult Volunteer Agreement. This has just been circulated via HQAC to fall in line with the new CFC, but applies to all Adult Volunteers. Can I please ask all staff to sign a copy and the return it to WHQ. Unfortunately I do need to advise everyone that it is a requirement to remain in the RAFAC that you sign it.

My entire staff team signed it in Jan, so not going to be a problem for us :slight_smile:

So the original IBN just says that:
“A list of individuals, who have failed to comply with the request by end May 18, should be sent to HQ RAFAC (Pers) by end Jun 18 for further action.”

Ominous and threatening sounding but doesn’t mention termination.

Our Wing CO was going to query it at the conference, I’ve never heard anything since. I haven’t signed yet so will let you know of men in leather trench coats come to take me away.

1 Like

IBN11/17 only mentions “further action” post end of June in the additional information section.

Edit - should have whole thread before replying >.<

About the matter? Or from your Wing CO? Perhaps he never made it out o.O

As far as I’m aware no one on my sqn has signed it and no one has said anything yet.

If a large number of individuals haven’t signed it - it’s not in the organisations interests to apply any kind of pressure to do so. It’s been rolled into the process of all new appointments so eventually most/all will have it in place.

In my squadron, Only one person out of our 9 staff have signed this doc and it is not the Sqn’s OC.