You know what really makes me happy?

Nice! Did you manage to get a taxi or take the long walk to the sea front?

Where were you flying from? The weather here was grim today…

@anon9987823, rented bikes and cycled down to the sea front.

Left Denham IFR, in the clouds by 1000’, ontop at 2,300’, across the channel at 5,000’

UK

France

Amazingly, came back at the perfect time between low cloud bank passing through and fog forming (couldn’t see the runway by the time I finished refueling post flight) … would have been an awkward diversion to Oxford.

1 Like

Sitting down after today’s looong day on a trek back from Skye and loads of boat faff.

But we did this, and it was cool!

7 Likes

Glad you managed it - fantastic!

I kept checking but that weather wasn’t shifting for a VFR local in the south east. It was pretty stubborn.

Sounds like a fab day. Last time I was at L2K the lovely lady from accounts dept. gave us a lift into town. Mussels and fries in a restaurant on the main drag, and watched volleyball on the seafront before the long walk back.

It’s a lovely cycle/walk though!

Glad you managed it, very jealous. Keen to get back when I can!

Volleyball championship at L2K…

Sounds like you need an IR(R)… if only there was an IR(R) instructor around :wink:

Back in the Day, when I was a London 2012 ‘Gamesmaker’. I won tickets to the Womens Semi Final Beach Volleyball - Spain vs Italy.

Needless to say I managed to wander down courtside with my ID instead of sitting in the stands :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Making me happy today handing my notice in to leave a toxic cultured company

26 Likes

Mine is clearly not as exciting as Alex’s, but I managed to get diesel after going to 8 different filling stations! Tried to leave it as long as possible but realised after work that if I didn’t go tonight I’d be screwed.

6 stations completely dry, 1 had just petrol and 1 had just diesel. Also with a £35 limit…

This country is flipping mad!

1 Like

Army are delivering now apparently

7 Likes

Congrats and good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only had problems Thrusday and Friday last week near me, couldn’t get diesel Friday so had to use the shared car for activities last weekend but I generally only let the cars get low every couple of months and try to keep them half to 3/4 full generally in case they are needed with Mrs Crazys disability needs so hasn’t really had an impact luckily enough.

This is my normal rule too run the car down to a quarter, then fill. Never let the light come on. Problem was I was at a quarter last week when it all kicked off! :rofl:

Thankfully a quarter tank is enough for work and back for a week! It’s nice having an efficient car :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I just drove into my local sainsburys yesterday and filled up… No queues, no limits. I haven’t seen any queues at any petrol station anywhere near me :worried: maybe I just live in a part of the country where people are sensible and not gullible to media hysteria :innocent:

1 Like

Yeah, living in the south ain’t great. It’s utterly ridiculous how many filling stations I had to go to to find one that actually had fuel. I really can’t understand it either at this point. The amount of fuel being used hasn’t gone up, supply hasn’t gone down (much). So I have no clue where the hell it’s all going!!

1 Like

People stockpiling more than they normally would - either people who only normally have quarter of a tank now filling up totally, or people storing in jerry cans (petrol jerry can - Google Search)

Old man moron and his stupid wife each taking their car they dont use except for a weekly trip to waitrose… filling to the brim.
Then each filling 2 jerry cans… ‘just in case’.

Going home. Brimming off the lawn mower, strimmer, 1970s generator. Then coming back to refill the jerry can and put ÂŁ1.61 back in the car.

That’s where it’s all going.

That and all the Karen’s out there who keep ‘popping in’ to just ‘make sure’ after all, got to be able to get to ‘my elderly mother who lives 100s miles away’.

Amazing how many people suddenly need to drive to their elderly parents all of a sudden.

So those points I understand causing an initial shortage, maybe for a couple of days. But once ask their cars and Jerry cans are full, now where’s it going? It’s been a week…

MMVH :grin: - Housing Ombudsman ruled in favour of my complaint to the local council, even awarded compensation “for the distress and inconvenience
caused by the delays to the repairs.”

Thanks to @MikeJenvey for a bit of help with the wording and prompting me of the right things to say!

6 Likes