You know what really makes me happy?

But seriously, good luck @anon9987823

2 Likes

A few notes and freestyle, keeping it short.

As long as you donā€™t get others trying to be a complete muppet for apparent comedic effect in their speeches trying to be funny.

Good thing marriage isnā€™t on our agendaā€¦ I have zero time for this kind of stuff

Wrote key points, winged the rest.

1 Like

I did the same, a page A4 with headlines, the rest was ad-lib around those.
My best man was fully scripted, both speeches went down a storm.
Goes to show the difference in styles between different barristers in a way

1 Like

Nerdily making me happy. Edge on Android updated last week and removed a navigation feature I used all the time, ruining my muscle memory and just being quietly infuriating. Chrome has a similar function, but itā€™s just not as good a browser IMO.
But today Edge has reinstated the feature!

I have been to a few weddings
For mine it was fairly normal, I had written the speech in advance and just wrote it out.

Make it fun and know your audienceā€¦ I would sayā€¦

One I went to, the father of the bride has booked them a honeymoon in St Luciaā€¦ during the best mans speech he said ā€¦ I donā€™t know why the bride is telling everyone about going to St Lucia, I asked the bride groom is everything sorted for the honeymoon, he said yes itā€™s all good Iā€™m just going to Bangor for a fortnightā€¦. There was an uneasy hush as the guys knew not to laugh and the families didnā€™t know where to look :joy:

2 Likes

Old but a classic

2 Likes

3 Blue ā€˜Gā€™ Wings
1 Bronze ā€˜Gā€™ Wings

Recommendation to apply for a GS

7 Likes

Donā€™t tell the Bride

Digging my work suit out for the first time since July 17 2019 (according to the lottery ticket I found in the pocket) Itā€™s actually looser than I remember.

2 Likes

Following on from thisā€¦ It took me about 20 attempts to do my tie. Iā€™ve worn one once since lockdown one. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I take it you were trying to tie a full Windsor knot. As I am the go to guy on my squadron for ting ties and even I struggle sometimes. It usually ends up with the cadet having a fat knot and a 1 inch long tie.

Arenā€™t you supposed to be able to deal with complex law stuff? So surely a tie should be manageable, or will we have to dig out the old elastic school tie style tie?

Of course. I havenā€™t done a half Windsor since I was 12

1 Like

I really want to get a clip on police tie for cadet wear.

I havenā€™t tied a Full Windsor for 7 years. Collarless shirts destroy ties with the studs getting into the seams.

A Pratt/Shelby knot looks identical, is easier to tie, but places the upper face of the tie to the neck.

1 Like

You can have mine, I do everything I can to avoid wearing it at work.

1 Like

Finally, after seven months getting a date for my initial kitting.

7 Likes

Day trip to Le Touquet :airplane:

2 Likes