You know what really makes me happy?

I’ve advertised this for our sqn - when I’m at home, 6-10km a day is relatively easy, but when I’m at work, it ain’t so easy getting the steps in, less than 3000 steps today. Can’t run around my secret travel machine too much, especially when it’s like this, 10 mins after landing!

1 Like

All shops are private premises so they can refuse to let you in if they don’t want to.

I’m the opposite. 20 minutes home to the station each way, 30 minutes station to office each way, office on the 4th floor at the opposite end from the lifts, meeting rooms on the 3rd, clients on the 2nd and canteen in the basement.
At home I barely have to step between the “office”, toilet and kitchen - thank you tiny London housing. And I get out for two short walks round the block with the kids each day.

1 Like

Off topic - any jobs going :grin:

1 Like

If only! We managed to get our EU President sacked earlier this year, revoking 120 pilot redundancies.

Don’t go for this company! :wink:

That was the autojects of atropine i used to carry about in NBC times back in the day.Glad i never had to use them.I dont like needles myself but the Air Force jabbed me full of al sorts of stuff so this covid vacccine should be a doddle

I remember that day at Cranwell well…
Roll both sleeves up and walk down the line of medics - 4 in the right arm, 3 in the left and off to the next class
Thankfully not PT :nauseated_face:

1 Like

I had a Cholera jab or something like that whilst on overseas standby .The medic told me on no account should i consume alcohol for 24 hrs or something like that.I was tempted to the local watering hole had one pint and woke up back in my block!

The memories of basic training. 4 Chairs 4 injections and some drops in the mouth. This should be a doddle.

Those guys did my troop of 30 and another 4 intakes of roughly the same ( 2 of infantry, 1 signals and another a mixed bag) all in over and hour.

1 Like

What makes me really happy? Sertraline

Had to google that…
Going to give it a :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

However… caution as some will be triggered by the use of a MH medication as a joke.

1 Like

Not a joke. Am back on the stuff for the xth time and it works wonders for me.

3 Likes

I started out at Swinderby, very similar process.

Even worse, for a couple of months prior to enlistment, my dentist replaced numerous fillings (I was a bad boy when growing up, & no fluoride in the water!), as a favour, in order to ensure best possible dental health.

At Swinderby, dental inspection - “What farmer did your teeth?? They’ve all got to be replaced.” :dizzy_face:

They were; one side (upper & lower) one day, the other side (upper & lower) the next!! Ouch!! :cold_face:

I thought he was old way back then, but a year ago, he got in touch after hearing about my ma’s death - he had still been treating her some 45 yrs on :astonished: - I didn’t have the heart to tell him what the RAF dentist had said.

Been there. It works wonders. I’m thankfully at the other side of that hard part of my life but there was a while where citalopram/mirtazapine were all that kept me going.

I’m glad you have the courage to reach out and speak to your GP to get the help you need, and happy for you that it appears to be working! :smiley:

3 Likes

So did I had the nurse jabbing me who also appeared on the sleeve of that LP record of “Swinderby Tunes” you could buy so she must have been there forever. My first jab was for yellow fever and i casually said that id never known yellow fever to be prevalent in Lincolnshire. She didnt see the humour in that remark and took delicious glee in jabbing me really hard.

1 Like

Now here’s laws I can only but agree with.

Does this mean we have to put Saddam back?

1 Like

Why not? I’m sure that through antiquity throughout the ‘ancient civilisations’ there are people with statues etc, who were more ‘despicable’ than Saddam who have statues still standing. Because the Middle East is almost tribal on a religious footing whoever is in “power” at the time gets to say what’s what. Then add into this mix the extreme groups.
History cannot be rewritten to hide the bits we may now find unsavoury to our supposedly virtuous modern minds. History has to be contextualised and to not do so, skews it. In Germany they try to hide what happened between 1920 and 1945, yet without it would Germany have become the engineering powerhouse that it is revered for now and as a consequence the people working there benefiting?
Our kids did Nazi Germany in history at school and it was rubbish. It glossed over a lot of it to just say it was all bad and all the Germans except those who opposed the Nazis were were bad. Which is utter nonsense.
This is like last summer in the UK and completely ignored the wider context, why things happened like they did and what happened as a consequence.
I would go into this more but it’s not worth it as someone would get ‘upset’. :roll_eyes:

Making me happy, lots of real butter and strawberry jam on toasted tiger bread…

and knowing there’s a roast dinner later :grinning:

Love my food!

4 Likes

I think you’re naive if you think that what “the people” who say they are standing up for history really want is the truth.

The idiocy and abuse which has followed the National Trust simply explaining the history and connections of many of their holdings to slavery and colonialism, without removing anything, or changing anything, demonstrates that it’s not really about history. Because that was historical fact, and the people who one week were shouting about ‘preserving history’ suddenly didn’t want to know when it was explained to them that a lot of that history is unpalatable.

I also wholeheartedly disagree that Germany is trying to hide what happened between 33 and 45, the Germans have a far greater appreciation of the importance of their history. They have been forced to confront it, and they have done so admirably.

And as for people getting upset, in my experience the greatest ‘snowflakes’ around are the ones who call everyone else snowflakes. Like the idiots who turned up to that defend the statues protest in London the week after someone graffitti’d Churchill, and ended up clashing with police when they couldn’t find any snowflakes to beat up and drank so much they ended up peeing on the memorials they were there to protect.

The reason Colston had to be pulled down is because all of the democratic efforts to remove him, over decades failed because of money and influence. The fact that no one in the city seriously wants to replace him demonstrates how untenable the statue had become. Good riddance.

Edit: And will people just quit it with this whole fantasy that Nazi Germany were good at economics? They were hopeless. Hitler fired his economist and put some idiot in charge. (I think it may have been Goring?) Who fouled up so badly, (and cheated the stats in huge ways) that in the end starting the war ahead of ‘schedule’ was the only way to stop the economy completely tanking.

3 Likes