You know what really makes me happy?

Well done on getting that through. We do appreciate how difficult it can be to achieve even the simplest things when confronted with military bureaucracy.

1 Like

bulkheads?

Yummy

Makes me really happy

4 Likes

Makes me really happy - seeing someone who I saw running around the village as a youngster collect her third Paralympic Triathlon medal.

8 Likes

MMH: Whilst it may not be cadet news, but one of my old students got a spot on the next intake of the BA Speedbird Academy.

He’s 42yrs old, even retook his Maths GCSE (think he said he was 3 marks off a Lvl 7), it all paid off!

7 Likes

It never too late to do what you want to do

3 Likes

This is great to hear. I know of many people who have applied (myself included) who’ve made it close but not close enough. It’s good to hear of someone who’s made it through!

1 Like

Saw this & made me smile particularly with all the debates on here re commissioning, officers vs SNCOs & what level ex-service should come in as.

5 Likes

Everyone joins the HAC as a trooper. I’ve heard of people dropping from colonel before, but this far. However, unlike other regiments and corps with all the separation between ranks, HAC are all treated as gentlemen (and ladies now I suppose) and eat in the same mess.

It’s the HAC ceremonial section too.
He had to leave the RAF because he mooned his neighbours so will fit in well in the Army…

Ahh it’s that RAF Air Marshal.

Only person leaving the RAF to be refused “Gardening Leave” :laughing:

1 Like

I doubt if this Army wallah got any….

Oh I’m sure there was some sort of leave before finishing.

I just don’t think they let they the air Marshall back into the garden.

1 Like

#ShunTheSun

1 Like

Wing drill comp today went smoothly, despite being a complete ball ache to organise.

My feet on the other hand are not happy!

5 Likes

Spent the afternoon planning out my veg garden for next year.

1 Like

Had a really good, in-depth conversation with a Venezuelan refugee today - all in Spanish.

My Spanish wasn’t the strongest before coming over (had a basic conversational ability from my time in Nicaragua, but that’s it) so it’s nice to see how much it’s progressing after 3 months to be able to have a conversation about politics.

4 Likes

MMH. Overflight of 2 x MH47s today. Very nice.

2 Likes