You know what really makes me happy?

Athling list just released for the uk Cadet Target Rifle Team

Three Air Training Corps Cadets as part of the team!

https://ccrs.org.uk/bcrt/

1 Like

I wish they’d stop calling ATC Squadrons RAFAC Squadrons.

11 Likes

:100: agree - at the most it should xxx Sqn ATC, RAFAC.

3 Likes

I was just thinking that. It just says CCF for the schools, but some of those could be RAFAC cadets. Similarly, it says ACF rather than the umbrella ‘Army Cadets’ branding that would equate with RAFAC.

It happens everywhere. Even ATC squadrons in their own Facebook pages.

1 Like

Completed my D of E expedition this weekend went great! Legs are dying though

7 Likes

New WiFi day, and even fairly rural Peru is putting most of the UK provision to shame!

3 Likes

Seeing nearly 100 of my young people completing DofE expeditions over the last two weeks. A combination of cadets and local authority. Only one group failed, and that was due to a previously undiagnosed medical condition showing up, but her colleagues handled it fantastically and everyone is now home safe and sound. First aid and emergency training really is worth it.

6 Likes

‘Did not complete’

But congrats to all those young people.

1 Like

Shuttleworth day with cadets.

9 Likes

I really need to go back there. It has a wonderful atmosphere and totally different to RIAT and the like.

I’d heard that your bunch of little beasts were present today; the ATC mafia is strong there. So many types that you will see the only one/only flying example in the world and the worlds oldest flying aircraft.

2 Likes

That’s the DH51 Moth in the picture - only one flying in the world.

Original tasking was to show member of public around a Vigilant cockpit - but it ain’t arrived - so recetuent gazebo & watch all the flying.

Plus the heat monitoring of course……:wink:

I think that the Comet is also the only airworthy one in the world?

2 Likes

@MikeJenvey This is the only original DH88 Comet still flying, although there is a slow burn project to get another of the MacRobertson Air Race survivors, Black Magic, airworthy again. There is a ‘replica’ of Grosvenor House flying out at Flabob Airport in California.

1 Like

I think that there is a very good chance of seeing the ‘Edwardians’ flying today - Bristol Box Kite and Avro Triplane (replicas both built for ‘Those Magnificent Men…’), Bleriot XI and Blackburn Monoplane.

It’s a sneaky little cross-wind at the moment - certainly 10-15 kts with gusts. Wind sock is flicking around too.

Sadly, not to be - wind wasn’t playing nicely.

This looked pretty though.

6 Likes

IT GOT BETTER!!!

I’ve not even seen these speeds in London.

2 Likes

You want to get yourself into some FPS lobbies with that latency…

1 Like

That’s what you get when the network isn’t still using the original copper wiring from the early 20th century