You know what really makes me happy?

Not to steal @MikeJenvey thunder but well done to the cadet Cpl Tam from Ounbdle school CCF getting through to the final of the Kings Prize at bisley & only 10 points behind the winner.

No idea if they are an air cadet or not but a fantastic achievement for any cadet.

1 Like

He did good indeed! :+1:

A few yrs ago, there was another Tyro (air cadet), Chloe Jones, who made the then HM The Queen’s Prize. More senior, & very recently, Gp Capt Billy Cooper, at the time OC Coningsby, went from Tyro category to “X” in his first year of shooting target rifle (for a long time) - straight into the Final!

I was the organiser for the scoring, so sacrificed myself for the greater good! Made sure that we got the RAF branding on show - the RAFTRC carried out the scoring with assistance from Cambridge University Rifle Club. Four RAF-linked firers in the Final today.

Look at 11th place, an ex-air cadet - Lewis Reid. He actually got the highest score in the Final, only dropping one point - a massive jump up from being 91st in the Second Stage.

(

3 Likes

It’s a pity the top shot from each cadet service can’t be chaired off the point after ISCRM - would be an epic experience for them.

Yesterday’s hike to Gocta waterfall (3rd largest in the world) through the tropical jungle.

It was a very tough hike, with lots of ups and downs, meaning walking the full distance there and back was very satisfying especially given how many people gave up and took a horse back to the start.

The scenary was just stunning. Below is my fav pic of the day.

Here’s some reading: Gocta Cataracts - Wikipedia

3 Likes

Jealous.

Finally managed to deivy the front of my house

#AdultGoals

MMH. Grafted hard today. Rewarded myself with a beer shower.

Living the dream.

1 Like

Beer shower or shower beer? They’re very different…

3 Likes

Shower beer. 200%. Long day.

1 Like

Seen brew dog has hotels with beer jacuzzis

Or if you fancy going somewhere colder…

Flown by that place on the way into Akureyri.

Cold?er I did a couple of trips to Blagoveshchensk & Khabarovsk, only -40C at times! Uniform standards were “relaxed.” :wink:

1 Like

Loved flying into and outta Akyureri!

Hopefully have a Transatlantic coming up soon for a client and their new G7 Cirrus

1 Like

We also used Egilsstaðir - always lots of considerations across Iceland for minima (not always 200 ft), fuel / diversion considerations, especially in winter & contaminated runway planning. Oh, let’s use Vágar in the Faroe Islands - oh, let’s not!!!

1 Like

Last night’s sunset.

7 Likes

3 Likes

These GTA 7 leaks are looking wild…

3 Likes

GTA is far too tame to be a good comparison for Peruvian driving…

1 Like

Making me happy? Going for a flight in an Auster this afternoon, although the cockpit was rather compact and bijou!

10 Likes

Niice!

2 Likes