You know what really makes me happy?

Booking a parent’s evening slot is harder than getting Taylor Swift tickets. They were all gone within a minute.
Tonight I was soloing it trying to book two slots. Managed to get them 10 minutes apart, starting within 5 minutes of our preferred start time. Good use of split screen and different browsers.
I am a god among dads.

What software system do the school use?

Parentmail - aka the Spambot 4000

2 Likes

The competition (until I change role next month)

1 Like

Ours use Bromcom. It’s not much better. Largely as there simply aren’t enough appointments for the entire year group… Which is a school issue, not a Bromcom issue.

The school based GMG today - didn’t actually relate to Bromcom either; more the schools application of it. BF junior gets detentions. Bromcom notifies you around 11am. For the last two weeks, school has sent out school bulletin messages at 11am - so i now have a sense of doom when my phone beeps at 11am. Will it be an irrelevant notice or a detention notification???

1 Like

If you ever move there tell them to put a search function on it so you can actually find the message you want amongst the ton of crap the schools send out

Is this a case of joining a company to fix something that irritates you and then instantly quitting?

I’ve been where I am for 5 years and moving to another education company within our operating group.

As a non parent nothing can annoy me that much :rofl:

Fireplace gas pipe capped off. Boiler back on. Straight in the bath.
One of the perks of needing a day off to wait for the engineer.

2 Likes

What, bath with an engineer!!?

3 Likes

That’s one way to give them a tip

Just the tip

1 Like

4 Likes

Minor things, but I’m working out of the local library today. Not sure what it is, but I’m always so much more productive in a library than either at home or in an office.

Bloody lovely morning!

Joined up, sensible, proactive working between the CCF, us and our wing shooting officer

6 Likes

Were doing the same with arms drill, saves a lot of faffing around aslong as we invite their cadets

Hopefully the start of many opportunities to work together :muscle:

It’s not much right now, but it’s a fresh start and somewhere to shelter from the oncoming storm of settling finances and children.

7 Likes

Do you want a Cot Bed?

Whenever you get stressed you can try and get both the spreader bars in at once.