You know what really makes me happy?

Similar success rate for our AT activity today :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Went into town and bought myself a little gift.

It makes me happy because;

1. The best time of the year starts at 8pm on Friday
  2. It was less than half the price than at the RWC
  3. It’s a size medium and it fits with room to give!

Unfortunately my Ireland, B&I Lions & old England tops are now too big, but I am eyeing up a Baa-Baas top…

Well…??

23 out of 24 passed!

The one who didn’t pass has been given a date for me to attend his unit to reassess, and his staff are organising some revision sessions with his Sqn FAO.

Regardless, the whole weekend was a massive success, and there were 24 happy faces!

3 Likes

25 including your own

1 Like

Indeed!

My two personal highlights were seeing the cadets progress and finally earn their badge, and then them organising when they are going to meet up next as they had all made friends from different squadrons!

2 Likes

Seems we’ve worked our way through the adult mice. 5 in total. Now onto the babies. Caught four little ones last night. Hopefully not too many more left.

We’ve got a squirrel living in the roof of the workshop. Every now and again it start raining insulation foam as he’s dug slightly too deep and made a hole all the way through.

I think soon it’ll be a trip up on the forklift to put some traps in the roof!

1 Like

Engaging with the RAFP team at HQ

What have you done this time?

Sought advice & guidance, which was promptly received.

2 Likes

I’ve had comms with them a couple of times. Really quick and good responses every time!

Same applies to the safety reporting email too. They’ve always got back to me pretty quickly, and with genuine response.

3 Likes

I’ve also engaged with them before and have found them to be excellent! Quick, efficient and didn’t beat around the bush or blame somebody else - they just fixed the problem! #win

2 Likes

Yep same here they were very proactive when we had a civvy police related issue

These from a few weeks ago, so no OpSy issues.

I really enjoy the variety of aircraft that I get at low level overhead. It adds a lovely variety to the peacefulness and tranquility of the countryside.

6 Likes

I think if you’re seeing them from the ground in a public place, you’re okay anyway :wink:

Is that the Speedbird logo on the tail?

It is indeed - a BOAC marked Chipmunk.

A better photo here: Smallest BEA/BOAC/BA airplane - Page 2 - Modern - 1969 and onwards - Britmodeller.com

2 Likes

That’s pretty awesome!

Guess what day it is… :smiley:

1 Like

Groundhog Day !