You know what really makes me happy?

First year I switched to Diesel, the range was a big difference.
But now, with it costing more, not doing the miles, the environmental factor, and bleddy AdBlue. I’m done.

My diesel is £20 a year road tax. 1.6. My daily drive to work is only 15 mins each way, so it’s really not ideal for a diesel. I do get about 50mpg doing that. Less so at the moment as its so cold! But longer journeys I can get that up above 70 mpg if I’m careful.

This was Sussex to Bristol and back a while ago. I was pretty pleased with that :rofl:

I can also get above 70mpg, but paying petrol prices. Unfortunately, the days of free / £20 road tax are gone — you only get a £10 discount off the full price for hybrids now (they used to be free to tax before 2017!)

Is that plug in hybrid? Or just MHEV?

I’m not familiar with the term MHEV, but it’s what’s referred to as a ‘self-charging’ hybrid (yes, I know that’s a nonsense term). PHEVs get three-figures mpg.

1 Like

MHEV has a little electric motor in to boost the ICE / run for short distances. I looked at one and it seemed to be made out of bits from a 1980s Tamiya R/C car kit so we passed on it and just got petrol.

I can seen the sense in a plug in hybrid though.

Speeding through a lovely snow covered France on the Eurostar. Beautiful views!

2 Likes

Finding out a persons rank.

Im a WO

As in what badge they wear or that they’re a disgusting individual?

I couldn’t possibly comment

2 Likes

Beautiful. And its -10C!

7 Likes

Confirmed work trip to my favouritest place in the world, Stockholm. Shame its only for 2 nights though

3 Likes

Can you tag a night on? That said it’s dark about 2pm this time of year, fix a trip for the summer and I’ll be your batman/caddy!

Got the early flight out and late flight out

I need some Polarbröd, lingonsylt, hjortronsylt, falukorv… I can send a list?

Is that alcohol or flat pack furniture?

The age old conundrum.

Actual things or an IKEA catalog?

2 Likes

This is rapidly turning into Alex’s work trip RAFAC outing to Systembolaget.

1 Like

No Systembolaget visit, it’s cheaper here.