You know what really makes me happy?

Have you got to move the board each time? Or is it automated?

What model laser cutter?

We didn’t need to make too many, so just loaded them manually. Each board was 400x600 and we did 4 boards.

I use deepnest.io to get nice efficient cutting patterns, the ones in the photo were just test cuts though, so manually placed!

Unsure on the exact model to be honest. It’s an old Chinese import. Good for plastics, and wood up to about 8mm. I think the total need is about 1200x1600 ish.

We don’t actually use it that much to be honest. Mostly used for etching stainless steel occasionally!

1 Like

Day off on my six days on, one day off schedule :)))))

Home Insurance renewal, managed to renew at less than I paid last year.

1 Like

I decided to do my conferences this afternoon from home, so that I could bring my very tired wife some lunch, and assist with the gremlins between the meetings.

I arrive home and find the key is in the lock. This is a dangerous issue during the day, as the doorbell will ruin any naps taking place. But, after checking there’s noone in the living room, and the baby cam is showing no naps, I brave the doorbell.
Bad choice. Babycams are lying to me, and as I press the button, message from wife comes in to say find another way in. Too late.

The door is opened. In arms is 6mo, wide awake after a 20 minute nap. Next to wife is very pleased 2.5YO, pleased, because upon hearing the doorbell he removed his own sleeping bag, vaulted the bars on his bed and let himself out of his room to investigate.

Wife now very upset, very tired and hasn’t had chance to shower yet. It’s gone 1pm. Clearly, the morning hasn’t been easy.

I force her to shower, while I ‘daddy’. She looks unimpressed but takes the opportunity.

I put the 2.5yo back down for a nap. I then manage to convince 6mo to nap as well.

That was 2 hours ago, and both are still asleep. (6mo hasn’t even moved.) Meaning my wife finally has time to decorate the Xmas tree we got on the 1st!

6 Likes

Currently hosting another squadron one night a week in our building while theirs is being refurbed.

Really great to see the cadets from the two squadrons seamlessly blending together and having the extra staff on hand means we’re able to deliver a huge variety of stuff per evening.

Tonight we had air rifle and L144 training/WHTs, blue space, bronze cyber, drill, and blue leadership tasks all running concurrently!

10 Likes

Careful, they may try a shotgun marriage on you to cut costs.

1 Like

Would love the extra staff
Been playing with Excel and based on last 3 months with my new intake (big) in, counting total cadet nights and staff nights I have an average attendance of 75% and an average ratio of 12.7 cadets to staff per night.

Thats why I am doing admin in bed with laptop at 1230AM
kidding

I don’t often get to London, but took a short walk off of my route and in the busy rush of life, to pause for just a moment.

11 Likes

Work thing today

2 of the 3 people client side were ex cadets,
One ATC one CCF

The non cadet chap managed to sit through the chat about Chipmunks without looking too bored.

We have a fantastic network out there we should make more use of it.

7 Likes

If we could find the right way to leverage Cadet Forces alumni networks, we’d all be excelling whatever career choice we made.

Given the size of just the ATC, there must be hundreds of thousands of alumni out there in all walks of life.

1 Like

I think there has been a suggestion on the Astra page specifically talking about setting up an alumini network. Or it might have been a question from the Teams thing the other night.

1 Like

I recall there being a post advertised for it.

Maybe we need our own funny handshake. Or perhaps an identifying lapel badge (in the shape of a chipmunk maybe)

1 Like
2 Likes

Pacha Perfect GIF - Pacha Perfect EmperorsNewGroove - Discover & Share GIFs | The emperor's new groove, Emperors new groove, New groove

1 Like

This is going to loop back to us having a RAFAC tie again, isn’t it?

4 Likes

So saw this for the first time & made me laugh.

Also liked the comment that “it’s not Christmas in Scotland until this advert is played”

It was a Q in the broadcast and response was either “working with an alumni expert” or “looking for someone” to set it up.

1 Like

Found the link

https://rafac.sharepoint.com/sites/interim/Lists/ACO%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=1147

This rings a bell now. Was it not more along the lines of “alumni development” - akin to what some of the Oxbridge colleges do; asking former students for donations and other financial support?

1 Like