You know what really makes me happy?

The current CWO from my old Sqn networking with one of my Cadet JNCO’s to offer Bronze First Aid Training.

Grassroots ATC/CCF collaboration - makes me proud!

5 Likes

Over the years, having been staff and cadet on both sides I find that cadet to cadet offers are generally more productive.

1 Like

Getting 15 staff and cadets through the RMTL course yesterday.

11 Likes

Successfully logging into Bader without swearing.
No “505 ERROR”, doing what I need to do, then logging out again. Didn’t even feel the need to shout or cry this time!
Long may it continue this way!!

1 Like

Seeing a Bevis and Butthead advert on TV again.

2002 we meet again.

4 Likes

Sat and listened to Tim Peake about his time on ISS, absolutely brilliant. Going to a talk by Chris Hadfield in a couple of months time as well.

I have been to presentations by both …and they were both excellent.

Fantastic document uploaded to SPOL all about Ramadan. Well written and made for an interesting read too, as well as being informative!

7 Likes

That is excellent. Well done everyone involved!

1 Like

Allianz (the Insurance Company headquartered in Munich) has won a court case confirming their decision to not payout for the damage done to Exeter University student accommodation when EOD carried out a controlled explosion of a WW2 German bomb in 2021. The judge upheld their decision the damage was caused by an act of war. The bomb was dropped, went bang, causing damage; it just took around 80 years between the first 2 steps. :nerd_face: :bomb:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-65043133

One of my former Cadets just came upto me in the pub, shook my hand and said thank you, he’s off to Halton next month as an Aircraft Technician (Mechanical).

22 Likes

Poor kid :wink:

3 Likes

Give him 30 years and he’ll be CRAFAC

2 Likes

Poor kid, whatever have they done to deserve that?

Being able to catch the train, one stop down the line, to the MT Course Director update workshop. An unusual level of convenience!

4 Likes

10K PB at my first ever in person race :relaxed:

6 Likes

Got a call for 2 Gliding Slots on Friday Evening.

2 Cadets got to fly on Sunday :smiley:

7 Likes

Bacon and Sausage bap at the first rest area for the wings RM team

2 Likes

Now that is some top tier RM support,

I just buy my team some mini-magnums at the Sainsburys/Tesco that we normally pass

MMH: taking Mumma Victor_Zulu out to see Michael Bublé

2 Likes