You know what really makes me happy?

She will be all loved up later…

Well played sir. Well played.

2 Likes

Time off work to get to the gym for rehab…

Might have to use the “need to go to the gym for rehab” excuse for a while now.

3 Likes

Favourite band announcing a show at my favourite venue.

Bronx at the Joiners :heart:

1 Like

MMH. After the best part of a month, countless failed printing tests and plenty of wasted filament. I finally got my 3D printer working properly again.

5 Likes

Probably still easier than getting a 2D printer to work!

2 Likes

You aren’t wrong.

1 Like

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

London, United Kingdom - The new Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Sir Richard Knighton, announced today that the Royal Air Force Air Cadets (RAFAC) will be disbanded in Scotland due to devolution funding issues and because “the Scottish Government are wussies who think we train the kids for war… That bit is off the record right?”.

The decision to disband the RAFAC in this region was not an easy one, but it was necessary in order to align with the devolved funding arrangements that are currently in place. The RAFAC is committed to ensuring that its resources are distributed in a way that is fair and equitable, and this decision is in line with that commitment.

Air Chief Marshal Kingston stated, “While we are disappointed that we are unable to continue operating the RAFAC north of Hadrian’s wall, we recognize that the devolved funding arrangements in place in this region make it impossible for us to continue providing the level of support that we have in the past. We remain committed to supporting the development of young people through aviation, and we will continue to operate the RAFAC in other regions where funding arrangements permit.”

The RAFAC has a proud history of supporting young people in the development of skills, leadership, and self-discipline through aviation-related activities. The organization has played a key role in the development of future leaders and has been a source of pride for the wider community.

The decision to disband the RAFAC north of Hadrian’s wall is a difficult one, but it is a necessary step in order to ensure that the organization can continue to operate in a sustainable and equitable manner.

For more information on the RAFAC, please visit our website at www.raf.mod.uk/aircadets.

ENDS.

2 Likes

Does that mean we can stop sending the few cadets that are eligible for ACPS to Tayside?

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqe8iWoqzA2/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

3 Likes

On a serious point, I understand that the contract with Tayside expired yesterday and is yet to be renewed.

5 Likes

Correct. Email out yesterday confirming all Flying Aces at Tayside cancelled with immediate effect as contract with Tayside Aviation expired on 31 March and not been renewed. Rumours are it won’t be and it will move to a flying school south of the border.

Mrs Farmer going through another phase where we’re only allowed to have worship music on if she’s around. I checked that I could have any worship music on and then “Alexa, play Christian Death Metal”. It started a very interesting play list and now the worship music only rule is no longer in force.

I must admit I didn’t expect that type of music to exist, but maybe it’s time to introduce the vicar to it.

Getting reports of great proactive participation of CCF cadets on Hants & IOW Drill course, looking forward to meeting and seeing their progress tomorrow.

3 Likes

Treated myself to a new guitar amp, cause my neighbours are…

3 Likes

Do the dials go to eleven?

4 Likes

I wish…but it is a Jim Root (the guitarist from Slipknot) signature, so its guaranteed to be loud.

1 Like

First journey on the Elizabeth Line, it’s really good, makes me hope they crack on with Crossrail 2.

2 Likes

Few weeks into the first lockdown, purchased a cheap set of hair clippers from amazon for £25.

… not been back to the hairdressers since…

Normal cost was £12, and got my hair done every 6-8 weeks…

Ahhh. Those were the days.

1 Like

Shame they didn’t put in charger points for all the times you get stuck on it with delays