You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Yep. What an omnishambles of incompetence.

1 Like

Also, what’s worse is I doubt the substantive guidance notes / rules will be released until monday.

2 Likes

And they’ll probably completely contradict what was said in the announcement!

1 Like

If they could stop news leaking out like a sieve they would have the time to prepare.

7 Likes

Now we know how it must feel at HQAC :speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Was thinking this felt familiar!

Leaks are probably deliberate.

1. Soften the blow.
  2. Prep news coverage.
  3. Test the water with reaction. If it goes down like a lead balloon they can always release something entirely different ‘officially’ and tell us off for being silly and listening to unofficial leaks.
1 Like

The cabinet are still deciding what exactly to do

You mean which one of their companies/investments will get screwed over less with what strategy

1 Like

Easy. Let the virus loose.
Get this over with as quick as possible.

They forgot the rugby was on.

It won’t go to Parliament until Monday at the earliest anyway.

That is the way of things and always has been.

1 Like

Yep, announcement will be at 1900 so we can all finish watching England beat Italy!

1 Like

Why I said it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Probably looking at closing schools and universities, and extending furlough scheme

I think someone needs to check the fridge. Probably just hiding again.

1 Like

Bet he blames Lara croft for him being in there… (nerd joke alert)

7 Likes

Funny, I expect the opposite.

All the Journos are saying Schools, Colleges & Courts will stay open.

1 Like

The Unions, unsurprisingly, are calling for some time off to!

The joke is that most of the courts have been sitting remotely for months. Except for a few where the judges are refusing to allow lawyers to attend remotely because they ‘want to see them in the building.’
Which means the lawyer’s room at one regional 2 court centre, is now often busier than the 10 court centre 35 miles down the road. It’s ridiculous.