You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Well, good to know the MOD have saved 20p by making you redo loads of paperwork and paying someone to also re look through it all and process it…

3 Likes

Have they answered yet?

3 Likes

Google maps is flawed and doesn’t show a more accurate distance until you start to navigate. Recently used it for a journey it initially said was 195 miles and once started same route jumped to 270 :person_facepalming:

stopping at services could be easily account for that distance it’s becoming a joke

GMG. People who want something from you so send a solitary teams message saying “Hi, hope you’re well!” with no immediate follow up.

1 Like

Our IT support team do this - they are all based in India and so come up with some unrecognized Indian name yet their “Hi Steve” message is written as if I know exactly who they are and what they want

2 Likes

They did and unsurprisingly they let me know I owe them money - broadly the figure I came up with but somehow theirs always seems higher…

Just a little bit on guidance when taking down a slightly different route always put in the description comments on route

E.g. home to cranwell via A47 (temp traffic works) so it’s clear & rationale is there in advance.

Makes it easier for the assessor to accept especially if the difference is within 10%

Maybe they are just wishing you well and don’t want anything in return?

Chance’d be a fine thing!

If you’re thinking of Kiddlington, weekday AEF maybe a problem with all the training air traffic in the circuit.

was ironically thinking of Brize…

3 posts were split to a new topic: The Beginning of the End - The Capitulation of SW Region

GMG. A first world problem, but the ride on mower has broken.

Nothing to substantial - just the plastic discharge shute exploded into a million pieces. As a consequence, anything sliced and diced by the whirring blades of death is now catapulted randomly ANYWHERE - rather than in a more predictable (and safer) direction via the shute.

Not to bad for mowing the field admittedly. But for road side mowing and verges it’s a little bit riskier!!

Cost of replacement cover??? £120!!!

I’m now considering finding the million pieces and sikaflexing/epoxy/gorilla taping them back together!!

1 Like

Know anybody with a 3D printer?

Getting something 3D printed is the easy bit. Designing a working model to print is the hard bit :wink:

That was my first thought. However, having read some reviews, 3D printer farm stuff doesn’t seem to last very long!!

1 Like

Fold the part from sheet metal, but it would make a bit of a secondary projectile if it went bang!

1 Like

This is on my list to do list for next weekend! Anything spanning this section risks becoming a projectile - but i’m seriously considering fabricating something from metal and accepting that risk!

How about fibreglass? To be strong enough for your purpose, it might be too heavy but would avoid the metal shrapnel risk.

[Shudder] I hate (with a passion!) working fibreglass and avoid it wherever possible!

I’ve got some sheet steel off cuts - definitely long enough to bridge the gap, and wrap over the top to secure it in place. I think the biggest risk with steel is the whole thing coming off and becoming a single piece of shrapnel; the plastic just fragged with millions of bit of shrapnel.

1 Like