You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

I sent one the other day and it arrived in a gift bag inside the normal Amazon box.

1 Like

The number of people saying ā€œit was a different time with different rules/they knew the rules and chose to break them/they shouldnā€™t be rewarded for breaking the rulesā€.

1 Like

I canā€™t believe the number of people willing to defend the current policy of forcing certain people (enlisted PTVRs, but not FTRS or VeRR) out at age 60 without realising itā€™s the next discrimination scandal that future prime ministers will be issuing grovelling apologies for.

6 Likes

I have seen this too often and we are losing some amazing volunteers with huge amounts of experience because people have a bee in their bonnet about someoneā€™s age. Absolutely crackers :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Whilst browsing social media today I mustā€™ve loitered over a Dacia Jogger advert for too long. Iā€™m now getting LOTS of Dacia content which I donā€™t want or need to see.

Stupid algorithms.

1 Like

Bad Newsā€¦

I miss OG Top Gear.

1 Like

They were good at recognising that, ultimately, they were a comedy show that happened to talk about cars.

The TG reboot didnā€™t really recognise that, and the Grand Tour came across as a bit too scripted. Once they got rid of the audience it became even worse.

Dacias are not, in fact, terrible Iā€™m told
(Or at least the Duster gets good reviews from neighbours who have them)

1 Like

Due to an inability to learn from past mistakes the Police fitness test is dropping to Level 3 on the bleep test.

For the second time in 15 years they have been sued and lost on the basis that a one size fits all fitness test is sexual and age discrimination and for the second time the solution appears to be to just lower the standard of the one size fits all fitness test.

1 Like

That sounds quite lowā€¦

Wtf? Level 3 is basically walking quicklyā€¦

1 Like

Why not take the scaled approach the forces have had for, well, ever?

1 Like

Level 3? I think of the first six levels as the warm up.

I could do that no problems. And thereā€™s no way Iā€™m fit enough to be chasing criminals

1 Like

Until recently it was the warm up.

Institutional stupidity at a Home Office level.

The standard has moved from an assessment of fitness to an assessment of fitness to undergo training. With an expectation that the ongoing assessment while being trained will be used to fail those who arenā€™t fit enough. In reality that will never happen.

It was insanity not to learn from the shield run debacle and I said long and loud this would happen but who am I to be listened to except correct.

Sums up all my professional problems for 5 of the last 6 years

I repeat my view that we havenā€™t had a good Home Secretary since 1997

Sajid wasnā€™t bad to work for. Even if I didnā€™t agree with his policy decisions.

1 Like

This I find really sad that it is even needed.

1 Like