You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Sorry to hear of your Englishness…
:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

(Inserting a blatant joke here to lighten the mood)

1 Like

That’s what people think I am. I can’t really say I’ve ever been discriminated against since I was a child. Because people don’t know unless I tell them. But people say some pretty dickish things in my presence.

You’re a secret ginger?

No,

Those poor souls.

2 Likes

I’ve just noticed you’ve changed your image…
That’s really very confusing!

2 Likes

At least its more relevant to his username than a Goomba.

2 Likes

I kind of get the opposite since moving down south. A fair amount of anti-semitic comments when I’m as Jewish as Oswald Moseley. Makes me realise how much worse it must be when it actually is your identity being attacked.

1 Like

I don’t get that myself, or hear much anti-Semitism thankfully, but I wouldn’t be surprised if people thought I was Jewish to look at me. When I was at uni if my hair reached a certain length it would occasionally be referred to as a ‘jewfro’.

Usually a sign to go to the barbers.

Ok sorry.
I’m lost now.

Do people discriminate against you?

I wish I could get uniform! We havent been able to get any new uniform since pre-lockdown 1.0!

We are also being told there is no light at the end of the tunnel so we have Cadets in a variety of sizes that are not right for them or they don’t have certain items such as belts, ties and skirts.

No, because they don’t know I’m a member of any minority.

1 Like

The Wing has been known to submit 300 cadets’ worth of uniform at once, which the station can’t handle. They’ve told us there’s no real supply issue, they can get bits, but they can’t get the quantity our Wing is asking for.

We’re going to have to break local rules and do it ourselves.

1 Like

The supply chain is screwed

I hope you are talking about the parents lol. Unfortunately it is a sad fact that there are some out moded parents about, sexuality should not come into it.

Grinding my gears today, I was mid organising an activity, only to find out ny Region Group Captain now requires a risk assesment for using a squadron operated vehicle. Simply, im not going to bother anymore, region can organise it themselves.

This isn’t a new requirement, all elements of an activity need an RA, that is complied with.

However the Travel RA doesn’t need to be uploaded to SMS, as this is covered by the Travel Declaration. Else you’d have 20 + transport RAs for the sqns in the wing going to/from the event.

That is what my wing have briefed me today

Being asked to advertise events on Cadet Portal but discovering the organisers have populated the bare minimum with nothing attached detailing the activity.

7 Likes

Go back to them and request more details before pushing to CP.

2 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I have had the same problem within my Wing, drives me up the wall!