You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

1 Like

My favourite card was always Question master. I’d pick up the Queen, and usually have someone downing a pint within about 30 seconds: by just playing dumb.

“what does this card mean?” - That means you’re now the question master.
“What’s that?” - If you ask anyone a question, they have to drink
“Anyone?” - Yes
“Any question?” - Yes
“how long does it last for?” - until someone else picks up the card
“and it started from when I picked up the card?” - Yes,
“So, how many of my questions have you answered since then?” - Nuts.

Another classic is asking people who owns a drink,

Felt rough this evening

1 Like

Loads of it going around unfortunately. We have about 9 employees with it which is putting a strain on everyone else!

1 Like

Yeah when i had jab 6 a few weeks ago the pharmacist said the peaks bigger than during the pandemic its just not reported and the vaccine is being effective

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: 4G and 5G Broadband (and Starlink)

GMG - This announcement

Following the previous announcement regarding the reprofiling of activity for 2024, HQ Air Cadets would like to give members of the organisation a chance to have input in the process with an all-volunteer and staff dial-in on Thursday 7 December, 1900 - 2030 hours

So they want as many of us to give input, yet have chosen a day and time when the majority of us will be at a squadron running a parade night…

Pretty sure Thursdays are one the most popular parade nights anyway. Why not pick a Wednesday. Very few people parade on a Wednesday! Yes an all staff dial in is a great step forward. But not on a Thursday parade night!

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Playing devil’s advocate, they could be thinking “what day is already dedicated to cadets most, so we don’t make people give up an extra day?”

6 Likes

That’s a very good point.

But if that was the case it’d be good to see some sort of ‘If you parade on a Thursday we encourage you to stand down for that one night so that all staff can get involved with the dial-in’. Or something like that anyway. That would be some good thinking!

Make it a Sqn activity - dial the whole unit in and prep all the cadets with super awkward questions :joy:

8 Likes

Mr Commodore Sir, how many Road Marchers does it take to launch a Viking?

2 Likes

Sir, is it true you are resigning? I saw it on a meme page so it must be true?

3 Likes

Where is the email notifying me of this?

Due to my role, I spend most of my time on SMS or Email…and only drift onto Sharepoint if i need to check a reference…and then its hyperlinked to the location…

Maybe you can ask that on the dial-in! :grimacing:

1 Like

It does say that full info will be in this week’s brief. But yeah, could have been it’s own email

anyone else having issues accessing SMS?

It ditched me out while reviewing activities

That is its SOP round here.

I usually turn it off and on again. Or do something else and try again later (or forget so to do…)

You must work in IT as that seems to be the standard approach to fixing IT issues :smile:

1 Like

Turns out MHs lifetime warrenty only applies if you buy directly from them… I am annoyed.

Yes the jacket is almost 4 years old, but it was very expensive, and should have lasted significantly longer.

1 Like

It works.