You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Off topic, but the majority of abuse is carried out by someone the child already knows. I just hope that I’m not reading from your post that you can’t see the issue with being groomed as a child, given that you volunteer in a youth organisation.

This discussion is going wildly off-thread here, but although you could argue that in the eye of the law, the result is still the same, there are some differences between the “start-struck” teenager setting their sights on a celebrity & an adult deliberately setting out to groom/abuse a youth.

…you would think so, but youth of today think that they are cleverer. They get told about CEOP & rapidly forget it. Very recently, a local “young adult” was sentenced for blackmailing a young girl into sending him naked pictures. He had set up a false (under18) profile on social media & asked numerous young girls for juicy photos. At least 2 girls did so, & he then blackmailed one to send more photos. She didn’t so he posted the original photos to her friends on the social media group.

“Digital permanence” doesn’t seem to figure with most youngsters; the advice we gave to ours was do not send anything via whatever medium that you would not want your granny to see or hear about! In this case, the person was wrong to ask for such photos in the first place (it is a criminal offence - a lot of teenager are not aware of this) but then this was compounded by what I can only call stupidity of the girls to then send naked pictures.

Most of us are probably guilty of the “look at me” aspects of social media - the trouble is, the internet can be a very dangerous place. Check your cadets’ profiles on Facebook - how many of them are completely open??

It’s undoubtedly a “generation” issue, but girls seem to develop quicker physically - & more importantly, despite being significantly under 18, want to go places (night clubs, etc) to strut their stuff & generally show off - with or without parental knowledge.

SWSATT are clearly getting desperate for candidates for a course… or the Sqn Ldr in charge has an IT issue involving him sending out 30 emails for the same course this morning!!! GMG though as it took me ages to delete them all! :frowning:

1 Like

I think the mail system is messing up a bit - I have seen 3 emails over the weekend delivered to me multiple times and one email I sent seemed to stall and I got a “message unable to be delivered - will retry” sort of message for it

Had several duplicated emails yesterday and today from different Bader accounts.

There’s a problem with some of the data centres. Our work one was hit over the weekend and it’s still having issues today. Something to do with the “storms” down South. Which having seen pictures of the M6 at the weekend, a boat and skis would have been a faster way to travel rather than being stuck in five hours of traffic :frowning:

Data doesn’t travel by boat.

Or skis.

:sunglasses:

How does the internet get to the USA or Canada then?

Submarine or scheduled flight…

Makes sense. Is that why i get lag when downloading?

Uneccessary “dramatic”…

GMG…unorganised staff who do not have methodical way of doing things! Oh and untidy desks!

…pauses on TV programmes.

Masterchef winds me up terribly every time.

Adults who join (and stay in) the ACO just because they like shouting at children.

Or staff as they have nothing better in their life…

Wing staff downloading Policy Documents from ACO Key Documents, and then uploading to the Wing SharePoint rather than using links.

1 Like

Tony Blair …
why does he not respect democratic processes (excluding the fact he is Tony Blair) and accept we said we wanted out of the EU and not keep on about another referendum so we can change our minds. He didn’t give people a chance to change their minds after making the mistake of voting him in more than once. The only reason he didn’t give us a referendum years ago was because he knew what the answer would be and it wouldn’t have been stay.

Also Mrs Clinton
Why doesn’t she just show what was in all of the emails, if she’s got nothing to hide. You can see another Watergate looming on the horizon. Which will mean the Yanks getting screwed over by the Clinton’s again.

1 Like

Emails are the last of clintons worries. The amount of corruption, fraud and manipulation that woman and her abusive husband have done.

It’s a joke either of the candidate to go forward for President. I genuinely hope trump wins it. And I reckon he will.

GMG: Cadets and staff poppy selling in MTP/DPM in town centres/shopping centres. Inside. Why? There’s no AT there. They’re doing a fantastic thing in raising funds for the RBL but why MTP!

2 Likes

i’ve seen two reasons - firstly a simple market reach effectiveness reason, that people are more likely to give if the person doing the collecting is wearing something very obviously military (and i don’t really think you could argure that MTP/DPM isn’t nore obviously military than Blue kit…), and secondly that its easier to wrap the cadets up in MTP/DPM than it is in Blue.

i note that you said ‘inside’, and that this kind of relates to outside, but we move the cadets around so they don’t get so bored, so while a cadet might start in the shopping centre, he/she might spend half the afternoon in the worlds coldest, windiest market square…