You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

IIRC McDonalds (at least up this way) do have some sort of offer. I think it’s restricted to particular menu items.

Edit to add: Looks like it’s up to franchisees:
https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/help/faq/19190-do-you-offer-free-cheese-burgers-to-armed-forces-personnel-just-as-you-offer-it-to-students.html

Tried them a couple of years ago on our cup trip to Derby, had already successfully got discount at multiple Costa stops en route.

Unfortunately it was a no. But they gave us on of the beers for free.

Sometimes it just depends who is on the till

20%!!!

Five guys would be dangerous to my waist band

Yes it is franchise specific. Near me don’t get anything. I did manage to get a meal at the staff price at a McDonald’s in a service station once but unfortunately I can’t remember which one which is really frustrating! I do think it really depends on who is on the till!

1 Like

Normally treat it like having an NUS card so free item when a meal is bought

#CoversMyMcflurry

1 Like

I flashed my MOD90 at Vauxhall, and got some discount on my new car a few years back.

1 Like

How do you get a car discount at the train station?

1 Like

There’s a train station on a bridge?

2 Likes

Is this a new Mornington Crescent rule?

2 Likes

Had the e-mail for renewal of membership last week. £23. Looking to go up over the festive period for a couple of nights.

1 Like

Quite a few companies do this already. I know of quite a few CFAVs who get this and benefit from
It. Some
Companies will even match fundraising that individuals take part in.

Jaguar Land Rover used to offer 30% off a new car with a MOD90.

I asked the question and got laughed at especially as we’ve just signed the mil covenant

Interesting. I know with some
Companies that have signed it is classed as reservist training. I guess every company is different.

1 Like

So is reserve service if that’s the argument they are using against it. My company only offer an extra weeks unpaid leave, as your getting paid, for reserve service. They have however agreed I can use 2 paid ‘volunteering’ days per year for RAFAC activities.

1 Like

RFCA went and done a presentation to a major company I worked for regarding the reserve and cadet forces and time off and the mil covenant etc…
The result was reserves were all ok for time off, the ACF got 1 week paid and 1 week unpaid, I asked about ATC and they said they were not included as they were not part of the cadet forces according to
The RFCA presentation :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

We only started getting Cadet Leave after they signed the Covenant. (Although we only get 5 days as opposed to the fortnight that they get).

And let me guess, RFCA were not willing to write a letter clarifying things? What did they say about your MOD90 which says “cadet forces” on it?

I tried to get the HR dept to clarify with RFCA and I passed it up the chain in wing and asked them to get involved with it, I never got a response and never got the time off despite pushing for it.

Our of curiosity… why were RFCA involved in that?
In my neck of the woods all Rfca do is let the mod be ripped off with dodgy overpriced contractors.

Are RFCA supposed to do other things?

Someone have a list or job role for them?

1 Like