You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Is this a new Mornington Crescent rule?

2 Likes

Had the e-mail for renewal of membership last week. Ā£23. Looking to go up over the festive period for a couple of nights.

1 Like

Quite a few companies do this already. I know of quite a few CFAVs who get this and benefit from
It. Some
Companies will even match fundraising that individuals take part in.

Jaguar Land Rover used to offer 30% off a new car with a MOD90.

I asked the question and got laughed at especially as weā€™ve just signed the mil covenant

Interesting. I know with some
Companies that have signed it is classed as reservist training. I guess every company is different.

1 Like

So is reserve service if thatā€™s the argument they are using against it. My company only offer an extra weeks unpaid leave, as your getting paid, for reserve service. They have however agreed I can use 2 paid ā€˜volunteeringā€™ days per year for RAFAC activities.

1 Like

RFCA went and done a presentation to a major company I worked for regarding the reserve and cadet forces and time off and the mil covenant etcā€¦
The result was reserves were all ok for time off, the ACF got 1 week paid and 1 week unpaid, I asked about ATC and they said they were not included as they were not part of the cadet forces according to
The RFCA presentation :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

We only started getting Cadet Leave after they signed the Covenant. (Although we only get 5 days as opposed to the fortnight that they get).

And let me guess, RFCA were not willing to write a letter clarifying things? What did they say about your MOD90 which says ā€œcadet forcesā€ on it?

I tried to get the HR dept to clarify with RFCA and I passed it up the chain in wing and asked them to get involved with it, I never got a response and never got the time off despite pushing for it.

Our of curiosityā€¦ why were RFCA involved in that?
In my neck of the woods all Rfca do is let the mod be ripped off with dodgy overpriced contractors.

Are RFCA supposed to do other things?

Someone have a list or job role for them?

1 Like

One of RFCAā€™s tasks is to promote the reserves and cadets.

1 Like

Well I can 100% say RFCA in my area dont do ANY of that!

2 Likes

No, you can say that you donā€™t see that. You donā€™t 100% know that unless you happen to also be working for them. And as a member youā€™re not going to be the target recipient of them promoting the conceptā€¦

I see the RFCA promoting reserves and Army Cadets activities all the time.

2 Likes

But the overwhelming majority of us work for companies who they should be promoting the concept to. And donā€™t.

Iā€™m not denying that. Iā€™m saying that how can you realistically know exactly what they are doing? You only see a part of what they do and unless you happen to be employed by them itā€™s unlikely you have full oversight of all their workings.

Iā€™m not denying things could be better but simply saying that they 100% donā€™t do that is unlikely to be fair or true.

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Nope can say 100%
:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

My contract actually says ā€œan additional weeks paid leave can be taken by those who volunteer with the below organisations with managers approvalā€

The first organisation listedā€¦Air Training Corps.

My manager(s) have been asked but rather than say ā€œyesā€ its defaulted to HR who say ā€œnoā€ :pensive: