What in the BLUE HELL is this!? Part 2

But you can’t buy new anywhere.

Or suggestions welcome

Surely Gieves & Hawkes would make you one?

1 Like

A good tailor could make one - it’s just an overcoat. But few would want to pay for bespoke tailoring.
I know there are some costume level reproductions about for the fans of Torchwood but I couldn’t speak to their quality or accuracy to pattern.

Truthfully, I should sell mine. It just about fits, if I wear it over a jumper, but not really over my no. 1s, which is kind of the point. I wear it about once a year on parade when it’s really cold, and I’m not sure what rank and badges it should have any more than anyone else on here.

That just means nobody else would be able to pull you up on it either.

1 Like

Wouldn’t stop them trying

Why? Just why? What purpose does this piece of poo actually serve other than to demonstrate to others what a throbber the wearer is?

What next? QAICS wearing the damn thing? Next thing after that will be JL’s lobbying to wear black, Gestapo-style leather coats a la Starship Troopers.

1 Like

thats-funny
I believe that current 1358c states that can be worn by all now - Certainly 1358 does - but again why?

‘I have more money to spend on Gucci ( :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:) kit than you’

1 Like

I’ve certainly seen regulars (without any brevet) cutting about station with them.

Most others go with the GPJ.

Certainly already seen one OC QAIC wearing one :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

When the leather jacket came out I was serving Aircrew. It was only certain FJ throbbers as wore it. The rest of us just used to point and laugh.

4 Likes

One of my pet hates too. To be “worn at a jaunty angle” I think regs said

1 Like

My personal favourite is showing people how they could originally be worn in cold weather mode… Few people believe me, bar those who actually remember it.

3 Likes

That in itself is a reason for its existence…

https://www.flying-jacket.com/jackets/approved-jackets/mod-approved-pattern-jacket/

Seems some of you have got a phobia about alternative jackets and aircrew.

Well I have had one for 30 years, starting when we were allowed to wear them on flying duties and ever since it appeared in 1358 then 1358c, and yes, I have the nice little name plate with my wings on just to annoy you! It is miles better than the GP jacket and I will continue to wear it (despite some telling me to take it off because “they don’t like it”) until such time as it is no longer in the regulations.

Forgot to add, got the detachable fur collar as well, give the fashion police something else to complain about!

1 Like

I’m all for annoying the badge police because it cheers me up but I personally don’t like the approach of being told to “take [whatever] off” simply because someone “doesn’t like it”.

That said, you guys keep on wearing that good 'ol blue leather jacket because it just reinforces the “look at me” concept and the rest of us get a good laugh at you :rofl:.

1 Like

To be fair if I could I’d probably wear one… They look warm as fudge and I feel the cold

Get some fat on ye!

1 Like