What in the BLUE HELL is this!? Part 2

I note that the ACPS state that a blue leather flying jacket can be worn by rafac as seen below

Given the £450 price tag and the absolute abject horror of the aesthetics of the item. Has anyone aviation ever seen this worn by cfavs?

I’ve seen a couple with one.

A mate bought one from a guy in the Sgts mess for a bargain price on camp. Then I believe he sold it a few months later when he realised that it wasn’t really for him. Knowing him, he probably made a profit too :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes. I know of at least two Squadron Leaders who used to cut about in theirs all the time.

Combined with a convertible Mazda it was quite the sight…

7 Likes

Never heard of or even seen one…
Anyone got a para ref for the ACP so I can go read up.

Looks just like a GPJ but in leather.

Lol… what are you saying… :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Everyone is allowed to ‘identify’ with whatever car they like.

Now fetch me my land rover 90…
Guess that makes me a bit small, old fashioned but reliable?

3 Likes

Definitely trying to compensate for something there… :smirk:

1 Like

I don’t get what the issue is with it, I can imagine the scene now tearing alongside a launching viking astride my steed wearing my aviators, the wind rushing through my hair as we both disappear into the sunset :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

It looks like something worn by a border guard/tax collector/sex trafficker in Albania.

2 Likes

Experience of all of those, eh?

2 Likes

That’s the kind of hustle deserving of such a jacket

1 Like

Same person!

3 Likes

Ap1358C

1. Blue Leather Flying Jacket – (No 14C dress). A blue leather flying jacket of the standard approved pattern (in accordance with RAF GAI 6076) may be
    purchased at personal expense and worn with flying clothing, on the ground only. See Para 0715.

Theres even a picture, look how happy he looks wearing it!

1 Like

I’m getting real Mandela effect vibes here. I always thought that jacket was brown.

2 Likes

Another guy who doesn’t know how to wear a Field Service Cap. Why is everyone so intent on wearing them as close to vertical as possible? They’re call SIDE caps for a reason.

5 Likes

It’s not just flying clothing either remember… It can be worn in lieu of the GPJ on all of the same occasions.

1 Like

I’d rather wear my thunderbird jacket.

1 Like

That’s certainly how the two people I know wore it - neither were connected to a VGS or AEF so had no reason to wear flying clothing.

Am I the only person who thinks GPJs are gopping on any event?

3 Likes

No, although I disagree with you. I quite like mine.

1 Like

I quite like the gpj - but if standing out in the cold for a long time then you can’t beat a great coat.

2 Likes